Chapter Twenty-Nine

Christian

Christian

"Hey man, where have you been?" Elliot asked me, as I finally rejoined the party. I needed a little time to get myself together, after expressing my undenying love to Destiny, only to have her basically shut me down. I know I shouldn't be surprised, seeing as how she was married and actually loved her spouse, but at the same time...I know a part of her still loves me. She had to, otherwise we wouldn't still have this deep attraction to one another.

"I had some work calls to deal with, but everything is handled and now I can focus on the party." I told him. My eyes traveled towards Destiny, while she sat with her friends, laughing and drinking as if we didn't just have some insanely hot sex not even twenty minutes ago.

"If I were you, I'd stop staring. It isn't polite." He chuckled, handing me a drink.

"Well it's a good thing that you aren't me." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him.

"Look man...even a blind man can see that you still have a thing for her."

"I'm sure it's obvious to everyone at this point, but it doesn't really matter. She's married and so am I." I sighed, feeling sick to my stomach just thinking about my marriage to Ana.

"But be honest...are you happy with Ana?" He asked me. I looked over at him, not even bothering to answer his question, because I know he saw the truth in my eyes. "Yeah, I figured as much, but listen bro...you let her go once. Are you willing to make the same stupid mistake?" I sighed heavily, pondering that question, knowing for a fact that I wouldn't be able to let Destiny get away a second time.

"Even if I were to try and get back with her, we still have our spouses and kids to think about. Things with me and the twins are still fresh and I don't want to do anything that will mess up the relationship I'm building with them. Not to mention...how Teddy and Phoebe are going to react when I tell them that I'm divorcing Ana." He snapped his neck in my direction, damn near breaking his neck.

"You're divorcing Ana? Well it's about damn time!" He downed his drink, pouring himself another glass. "Cheers man!" We clinked our cups together, taking a long swig, as Audrey walked over to us.

"Don't mention what I just told you to anyone, okay? Not until I've had a chance to tell the kids." I said.

"Don't worry...your secret is safe with me." He promised. We spent a majority of the party, talking and laughing, until Audrey invited us to play cards. Seeing as how I didn't know how to play cards that well, Destiny stepped in and helped me out. Nobody even questioned the fact that we were getting along so well, but I guess that's a good thing.

Eventually I transitioned from playing cards, to ending up by the pool, learning some dance that the kids were trying to show me.

"I'm telling you guys, he has no rhythm whatsoever!" Teddy laughed, as Kyron taught me the dance to something called The Wobble. Apparently, he and Phoebe picked up on the dance rather quickly, while I was still struggling a bit.