Chapter Five

Destiny

Destiny

My heart was racing fast as I read Audrey's text message over and over again. I figured she had to have accidentally texted someone else, or at least I hoped she meant to text someone else, but I knew better. I knew the texts were meant for me and now...I wasn't sure what to do or how to feel.

Bestie Audrey: Okay, first off...good morning, my beautiful best friend! I have a really huge favor to ask you, but you're probably not going to like it. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important, but...could you stop by Grace's house and look at the centerpieces for me? I'd do it myself, but I have my glam squad coming over today, so we can find the perfect hairstyle for the ceremony. Please, please, please...I promise I'll make it up to you!

Bestie Audrey: Also...I wanted you to hear this from me, but it seems as if Christian will be at the wedding. Apparently he and Elliot made up, sooo...yeah. I just wanted you to know, just in case you two have a run in or something. Talk to you later! Love you!

Though I have no reason to be nervous or upset, I couldn't help feeling a twinge of nervousness, especially at the thought of seeing Christian again. Not only that...I also felt nervous about seeing Grace and Carrick again, only because I feel terrible about not telling them about the twins. Sure, Elliot knew and could've ratted me out at any time, but instead he kept it to himself and I'm sure that was more so for his benefit and not mine.

"Hey beautiful. Breakfast is ready." Wes spoke, as I quickly looked up at him. "Hey...are you alright? You look like you've just seen a ghost or something."

"Oh, I'm fine." I lied, rubbing the back of my neck. "I'm just...tired."

"You know you're a terrible liar, right?" I rolled my eyes as he sat down next to me, pulling my legs onto his lap. "Now tell me the truth. What's going on?"

"Well for starters...Audrey asked me to go check on the centerpieces, and guess where they are? Christian's parents house, and speaking of Christian...it was just brought to my attention that he'll be at the ceremony. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any issues with seeing him again or anything, but I also don't want any drama to go down on Audrey and Elliot's day."

"I'm sure there won't be any drama. Mr. and Mrs. Grey are very understanding people, from what I can remember, and as far as you or anyone else is concerned...Christian is the one that's in the wrong. You reached out to him, told him about the twins, and what did he do? He ignored you and left you alone to raise two kids by yourself!" He exclaimed.

"I know, but...I always wonder if things would've been different if I had tried a bit harder to tell him." I sighed. "And as for Grace and Carrick...I should've reached out to them the moment I gave birth, that way they could've at least had a relationship with their grandkids."

"It's never too late for them to have a relationship with their biological grandparents. Believe it or not, you raised two terrific kids, and if someone doesn't fall in love with them within the first thirty seconds...then they don't deserve to have them in their life."