Chapter Twenty-Three

Christian

Christian

Silence filled the room as I stared at Destiny, who stood across from me, with a blank facial expression. I figured this would be the moment that she'd start yelling and cussing at me, but instead...she sighed and let out a small, sinister chuckle.

"I should've known." She murmured, shaking her head.

"Destiny..." I began, but she quickly cut me off.

"How long have you known about this?"

"Not long. Ana admitted to being the one that deleted the messages, claiming that she thought she was doing me a favor, because I was distraught after you left." She closed her eyes for a brief moment, before opening them again, and glaring at me. "You have every right to be angry. I was beyond furious when I found out, but-"

"But what?" She questioned, crossing her arms. "Let's hear what excuses you have for your so called wife!" The look in her eyes were filled with anger, hatred, and maybe even...sadness? I really couldn't tell. I used to be able to read Destiny like a book, but in this very moment...I couldn't read her at all.

"I'm not making any excuses for her, Destiny. Not anymore. What Ana did is unforgivable, which is why...I've decided to file for divorce." I told her. She furrowed her eyebrows as she opened her mouth to speak, but quickly closed it. "What? What is it?"

"Why did you marry her in the first place?"

"Because of my kids. Ana caught me in a vulnerable place and used that to her advantage, which resulted in me getting her pregnant. I didn't even think I wanted kids, despite me already having two that I knew nothing about, but the moment Teddy was born...I instantly fell in love with him. I felt obligated to marry Ana after that, even though our marriage was based solely on the fact that we had a child, but Ana constantly threatened to take my son away had I not performed my husbandly duties. So, I swallowed my pride and gave into what she wanted, which resulted in another unplanned pregnancy. I don't regret my children...any of them, but I do regret allowing her to take control of my life."

"You deserve better then her, Christian. You know that right?" She said.

"Do I though? She's partially the reason for everything that happened between us, not to mention my stupidity when I tried to help her, so honestly...I believe this is my karma!" I stressed, running my fingers through my hair.

"Hey...look at me." She gently placed her hands on each side of my face, as our eyes met. "You don't deserve to be unhappy. You're an amazing man and any woman would be lucky to have you. I know I was." That made me smile, despite us both knowing how terrible of a husband I was, when we were married. Closing the space between us, I cupped Destiny's face in my hands, staring down at her luscious lips. She gently bit down on her bottom lip, making me groan, as I grabbed her chin and stopped her from doing the one thing she knew made me weak.