Chapter Seventeen

Christian

Christian

Silence filled the air as I nervously glanced at Kyron and Kynlee, noticing their shocking facial expressions. Things were going so well between us and I was starting to get to know them a little bit better, but thanks to Ana...she might have ruined my chances of having a relationship with my oldest kids.

"Let me get this straight. You married the woman that you cheated on our mother with?" Kynlee questioned. She made the exact same angry faces that Destiny used to make, with her eyebrows slightly furrowed and a deep scowl on her face.

"I know how this looks, but there's a reasonable explanation to all of this." I began, trying to plead my case.

"There's no explanation for this!" Kyron snapped. "You broke our mom's heart and not only that...you abandoned us for sixteen years! All so that you could start a new family with that homewrecking..." He stopped himself, closing his eyes for a moment, which is what I do when I try to calm myself down.

"Alright, who wants dessert? The chef prepared a delecious strawberry cheesecake." My mother announced, coming back outside, along with my father and youngest kids.

"I've actually lost my appetite and I'm so sorry, but I have to go." Kynlee said, standing up. "Thanks for lunch grandma and grandpa, and it was nice meeting you Teddy and Phoebe." Before I even had the chance to call out to her, she was gone.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything is fine. We just...we have to get going, but thank you for everything and we'll see you guys later." Kyron said, as he stood up.

"Christian? What happened?" My father asked me.

"They know about what happened." I murmured, standing up. "They know why Destiny and I got divorced, but they don't know the whole story." I took off after them, wanting them to hear my side of the story, before they just decide to not have anything else to do with me. I practically sprinted towards the front door, relieved when I opened it and found them both standing out front.

"Kynlee...Kyron...please don't leave. Not like this. I know how this all looks, but please...give me a chance to explain and tell you my side of the story." They both looked at each other and back at me.

"We've heard mom's side of the story, the least we can do is listen to his side." I heard Kyron say. Kynlee rolled her eyes, another thing she inherited from her mother, as she huffed and crossed her arms.

"Fine. Whatever." She grumbled. I lead the way back into the house, as we sat down in the living room, and I took a deep breath.

"I'm not sure what all your mother told you, but I'm sure she spoke the truth. When I first met Destiny, I was seeing Ana, but it wasn't serious. At least to me, it wasn't. I didn't expect to fall in love with your mother, but how could I not? She's beyond beautiful, funny, smart, headstrong and the list goes on and on. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she was end game for me, but unfortunately...I allowed outside forced to ruin us."