Chapter Three

Kynlee

Kynlee

"Kyn! Come on, we're going to be late!" Kyron called out, as I looked at myself in the mirror. Surprisingly, my mom agreed to let us spend the day with Riley, but that's probably because she was distracted with helping Aunt Audrey and her wedding plans. I didn't even mention the fact that we were going on Riley's uncle's boat, but I guess that was all for the best; considering my mom doesn't trust anyone and would've probably wanted to meet the uncle if she hasn't already. "KYN!"

"I'm coming!" I shouted, letting out a loud groan, as I grabbed my backpack and headed out of my room. I ran downstairs, meeting Kyron at the door, but before we could leave our dad called out for us.

"Stop right there!" He said, as I froze with my hand on the doorknob.

"See? We could've avoided all of this, if you would've just brought your slow butt on!" Kyron murmured, as we both slowly turned around.

"Why do you both look so guilty?" He questioned, holding our little brother in his arms. "I was just trying to see if you both had everything you needed. Sunscreen? Sunglasses? Your wallets? I don't even have to ask about your phones, cause those things are permanently glued to your hands."

"Very funny, we have everything we need, and probably some things we don't need." I said, referring to Ky and his Nintendo switch. He glared at me and rolled his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah, we got everything we need Dad, but we could use some extra money." We both held our hands out, waiting for him to dig into his pocket, and fish out his wallet. 

"See how your brother and sister played me?" He questioned, looking at Prince. He pulled his wallet out and handed us some money, before sending us on our way. "Have fun, be careful, and be back by curfew!"

"We will!" We both responded, rushing out of the door.

*

About twenty minutes later, we were pulling up to a big, old looking but beautiful house, that overlooked the entire river. You could tell that it had gotten some renovations done to it over the years, but it was still beautiful nonetheless. 

"Wow." I whispered, as the car came to a complete stop.

"Wow is right. This place is huge!" Kyron spoke.

"I know right." Theo opened the door for us, as we both climbed out, looking towards the sparkling river. "Thank you, Theo." Riley and her friends were standing on the porch as we walked up, and she shrieked when she saw us.

"You made it!" She said, giving us a hug. "Everyone...these are my cousins Kynlee and Kyron. Cousins, this is my boyfriend Michael, that's Sam, that's Sophie, that's Sophie's boyfriend Kyle, and that's my friend Rachelle."