Thirty-Seven

Destiny

Destiny

The last couple of weeks went by in a blur and everything was starting to feel normal again, despite all the drama that went down, not even two whole weeks ago. Christian had been spending more time with the twins, along with Teddy, Phoebe, and Leilani, and it made me happy to see them so happy.

Things between Wes and I were still pretty tense, but we've been trying to find a way to work through everything; though at this point in time...I don't think that's possible. He just can't seem to get over the fact that Christian and I slept together and had a sex tape made, even though it was unintentional. The sex tape, that is. Not to mention, he refuses to leave us alone together, and I was starting to get really annoyed. I get it...I slept with my ex-husband and even admitted to it, just like he slept with his high school sweetheart; but do you see me bringing that up constantly? No! Because I'm over it.

"Hey, can we talk?" Wes asked me, as I finished doing my makeup. Tonight was Audrey's rehearsal dinner and I was officially on my maid of honor duties, not wanting anything to go wrong.

"Can we make this quick? I can't be late or Audrey will have my head." I told him. He walked up behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders, pressing soft kisses against my back.

"I love you...and I'm sorry for how I've been acting over the last few weeks. And I want you to know that it's not you, it's me, and though I trust you completely. I just don't trust him."

"I figured as much."

"It's just...I know you both still love each other and as much as that breaks my heart, I understand. You never stopped loving him, he never stopped loving you, so..." He began, taking a deep breath as I turned around and looked at him. "I think we should separate."

"Wait what?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows. He grabbed both of my hands and kissed them, looking me in my eyes.

"You deserve the world, Destiny, and I just want you to be happy. If Christian makes you happy, then you should be with him, and I'm not going to stand in your way."

"What the hell are you doing, Wes?"

"I'm doing what's best for you, just like I've always done. You may not see it now, but...this is for the best." My bottom lip trembled as I started to cry, turning away from him. Ugh, he chooses to do this now?! After I've already done my damn makeup! "Destiny..."

"I've been avoiding this conversation for weeks, because I knew how it would end." I told him. "That night in Christian's office, I overheard you saying that I'd eventually have to choose between you two, and that's not what I wanted. I never wanted to choose between either of you, because I love you both, and neither of you deserves this!"

"No, neither of us deserves you! You're so beautiful and amazing, that no matter who you choose to be with...we'll be happy because we got the chance to love and be loved by Destiny Jade Langston. The sweetest, most headstrong woman in this entire world." He said, cupping my face in his hands. "I don't want to lose you in my life, whether we are husband and wife or just best friends, but regardless...I want you to be happy."