Chapter Twenty-Five

Kynlee

Kynlee

Breakfast was...interesting, to say the least. I doubt anyone else noticed the way Christian was basically eye raping my mom all throughout breakfast, while she tried her best to avoid his intense gaze. It's no secret that Christian still had feelings for her. Hell, he even admitted to still having feelings for her, but I wonder...does she still have feelings for him?

Once breakfast was over, Kyron, Leilani, and I spent a little more time getting to know Teddy and Phoebe. It's weird that we literally just met them, but feel like we've known them forever.

"I still don't understand how they're your brother and sister, but not mine." Leilani said.

"Well...Christian and mom were married once upon a time, which resulted in Kyron and I being...made. Then, they got a divorce and she married our dad, which resulted in you and Prince being...made." I explained, rubbing the back of my neck. Dear God, I hope she doesn't ask me where babies come from next.

"So then...how are babies made?" So much for that.

"Simple. When two people love each other, they-" Kyron chimed in, but our mom quickly cut him off.

"Pray to God, who sends them adorable little babies." She said, popping him on the back of the head. "Only lord knows what you were about to say."

"Ow! I was going to keep it rated PG-13!" He huffed, rubbing his head.

"We should actually get going. I have a meeting in the next hour." Christian voiced. He was standing awfully close to my mom, but she clearly wasn't paying him any mind as she showered Prince with kisses.

"Ugh no, can't we stay longer?" Teddy asked.

"Yeah daddy, please!" Phoebe chimed in.

"I promised your mother I'd have you two back home before noon, but if Destiny is okay with it...maybe we can plan something for all of you, so that you can spend more time together."

"Absolutely, that's a great idea. You both are more than welcomed here, anytime. And I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know you two." Our mom said. I loved how she treats Teddy and Phoebe, despite who their mother is. If it were me, I'd be telling them kids to fuck off, along with their homewrecking ass mama! But hey...that's just me.

After saying our goodbyes, Kyron and I went into the kitchen to clean up, and the tension in the air was extremely thick.

"I'm sorry for what I said yesterday." He said, breaking the silence between us. "It's just that...every time I think about what happened with Damon, I get angry and I know you can take care of yourself, but-"

"There's no buts, Kyron! Like you said, I can take care of myself, and the situation with Damon is no excuse for you to act like an asshole!" I snapped at him. "I'm over the situation with him, but you constantly throw him in my face, whenever you think I'm making a bad decision; and to make matters worse...you decided to tell all of my business right in front of Sam! You may not like him, Kyron, but I do! He's nothing like Damon and thanks to you, he'll probably never speak to me again!"

"Kyn, I-"

"I don't want to hear it! I'm sure you can handle cleaning the kitchen by yourself!" I tossed the dish towel onto the counter and stormed out of the kitchen, damn near running into my mom.

"Whoa, slow down! You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm um...I'm going to hang out with Riley today, if that's okay." I said.

"Of course, but Kynlee...you should cut your brother some slack. I know what he did was wrong, but baby...he means well."

"I know, but...he's going to feel my wrath for a little bit longer. He deserves it."

"You're evil, but you get that from me so I understand completely. Have fun with Riley and please be careful." She said, kissing my forehead.

"I will." I assured her.

*

* 

"Hey...thanks for meeting me." I said, crossing my arms, as Sam approached me. I had asked him to meet me in the park, in hopes that he'd agree to do so, which thankfully he did. He cupped my face and kissed me, pulling me into his arms, as he hugged me tight.

"I'm glad you called. I was worried when you didn't respond to my text messages last night." He said.

"Yeah...things sorta escalated when we got home, but I don't want to get into that right now. I just wanted to apologize for what Kyron said yesterday, he was completely out of line, and-"

"And you shouldn't be apologizing for him. I agree that he was out of line, but at the same time...he's just looking out for you."

"Ugh, I'm so sick of everyone saying that! That doesn't justify the fact that he's a possessive asshole, but you know what? I don't want to talk about him or the situation anymore, okay? I just...I want to spend the day with you, if...you don't have any plans." I said, looking up at him. He smirked at me, intertwining his fingers with mine.

"Sadly, I have to work within the next hour, but maybe we can do something tonight? Just you and me?" He suggested.

"I'd like that." I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him passionately.

"Pick you up at eight?"

"Eight it is." I smiled.