Chapter Two

Destiny

Destiny

"You guys finally made it!" Audrey beamed, as soon as she opened the front door for us. She embraced me in a tight hug, before moving over to hug the kids. As soon as we landed in Seattle, we came straight to Audrey's house, because she sent me several threatening text messages about how she'd kill me if I didn't immediately come help her with the wedding details. "And how are my beautiful and handsome god kids doing? And before you three older ones sass me, I know you aren't babies anymore, but you're still my babies!"

"Yeah, yeah...we know." They all replied, laughing.

"As long as we're on the same page. Now, my kids are somewhere around here, so you guys go ahead and have fun while me and your mom start on this guest list." She walked away and headed into the kitchen, as I looked back at Wes, who was waving at me from the car. I mouthed the words "help me" before poking out my bottom lip and following my best friend into the living room.

"So...before we get started...I'm going to need a glass of wine and a list of things you've already gotten done." I said, taking a seat on the couch.

"I'm way ahead of you." She was already pouring up two big glasses of wine, as she slid me over the list. "We already have the venue, which is the exact same place that you got married the first time, except it's outside near the garden."

"Grace got you too, huh?"

"GIRL!! She offered up her place and before I could tell her no, she batted those lashes, and I caved instantly! Jeez...I know now why you never told her no, but at the same time...she's too sweet for anyone to tell her no."

"Exactly!" I laughed. I missed Grace dearly, even though she checked on me constantly while I was going through my divorce with Christian, but once the divorce was finalized...we just stopped talking. "But okay...you got the venue, check. You got the caterers, check, and I want to see that menu. Open bar, right? Actually...don't answer that, you are most definitely having an open bar. Florist...check, wedding cake...check, wedding dress...check."

"You know...now that you're reading off the list out loud, I feel like I've accomplished so much already." She said.

"You have. I'm really proud of you."

"Thank you, best friend, but tell me what we have left to do."

"Umm...seating chart, bridesmaid dresses, the guys need to get fitted for their tuxes, Lei needs to be fitted for her flower girl dress, which she is not happy about at all." I told her, looking around to make sure Lei wasn't somewhere lurking around. My sweet little Leilani was a bit of a tomboy and she hated wearing dresses and skirts, but she agreed to be a flower girl knowing that she'd have to wear a dress. Plus, I told her that she could change into some leggings after the ceremony, which she was looking forward to. "We also have to find you an outfit for the rehearsal dinner, which you don't have to worry about that, because I have the perfect dress for you; and lastly...the bachelorette party!"

"Ugh, when will this list ever end?! Okay...I have the seating charts right here, which we can start on, and you will be happy to know that Christian will not be attending the ceremony. He's going out of town or whatever, which in my opinion is fucked up, because how can you miss your own brother's wedding? Like how?!"

"First of all, everyone missed the first wedding, so why shouldn't this be any different?" I joked. "No, I'm kidding, but you know Christian...he's probably just busy." Why the hell am I making excuses for him? I actually agree with Audrey about it being fucked up that Christian would miss his own brother's vowel renewal ceremony, but at the same time...I was relieved that I didn't have to see him. Lord knows what would happen if we ever crossed paths again. Nothing good, I can tell you that.

*

*

*

Kynlee

Kynlee

"I am so glad you're here! My mom has been driving me crazy with all this wedding stuff, but knowing you'll be here all summer will make everything easier." Riley ranted, as I laid across her bed. "But I have so much planned for us, so I hope you're ready for a fun filled summer!"

"I'm always ready for a good time, but I'm not sure my Mom will let me. Kyron and I threw a party, which wasn't supposed to be a party, but it turned into one and my parents came home early and shut everything down." I told her. "I told Kyron not to tell his stupid friends that we were having a study party, but he did and they sent texts to everyone in the school, telling them that we were having a end of the school year party. Needless to say...Mom and Dad were pissed."

"I can only imagine, but you explained that it wasn't your fault right? Aunt Destiny shouldn't hold that over ya'll, because in all honesty...it wasn't yours or Kyron's fault. Well...it might've been a little bit of Ky's fault, but why point fingers?" We shared a laugh as she picked up her phone and started smiling.

"Oh, and who's got you grinning like that?"

"My boyfriend Michael. We've been together for almost nine months now and this may be a stretch, but...he is so perfect!" She beamed. "We were supposed to hang out tomorrow, but I told him that I wanted to spend the day with you."

"Awww, I'm happy for you, but you didn't have to cancel your plans just for me. You should go spend time with him, I mean...we have all summer to spend together, plus I'm going to use tomorrow to get settled and everything." I said.

"Orrrrr...you and Ky could come out with us tomorrow. My uncle is letting me and his bodyguard's kids use his boat tomorrow, and might I just say...the bodyguard's son is fineeee!"

"Oh really? How fine we talking?"

"Tall, white, and handsome! I can't say much else, soooo...you'll just have to see for yourself." She smirked. Is she trying to secretly play matchmaker? I surely hope not. Not that I have a problem in the dating department, I'm just very picky about who I date.

"I guess." I sighed. "But I'll ask my mom tonight and hopefully she'll say yes."

"I'm sure she will, but in the meantime...help me pick out what to wear tomorrow. I'm trying to look sexy, but I'm also trying to get a slight tan. I'm too light skinned."

"You and me both, but I guess that comes with the territory since we're half white." She laughed, pulling open the doors to her walk in closet, as we prepared for an afternoon of dress up.