Chapter Ten

Kyron

Kyron

A Few Days Later

It had been a few days since Kynlee's accident and needless to say...everyone has been waiting on her hand and foot. She swears up and down that she's fine, but me and Mom weren't so convinced. Had y'all seen that size of that knot on her big ass head, you'd understand why we were so concerned. Eventually the swelling went down and Kyn was back on her feet, wasting no time trying to go hang out with Riley, and that suspicious ass boy Sam.

If it isn't quite clear, I don't like Sam at all. I just find it odd at how he immediately clung to my sister, before even learning her damn name! At first, I didn't want to assume anything, but after finding out that he isn't exactly rich like the rest of us...I started feeling some type of way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I don't like him because of how much money he has, but I am saying that I don't like him because of how quick he attached himself to my sister. She was used by someone once before and I refused to let it happen again, especially after seeing how hurt she was, because she really did like that son of a bitch and he was just using her! I just hope that wasn't the case with this Sam guy though, cause I'd really hate to have to break my foot off in his ass if he hurts my sister.

"What are you getting to eat?" Kynlee asked me, as I skimmed through the menu. Our mom had treated us to an afternoon of shopping and we were finally sitting down to have lunch.

"I don't know yet. Probably a steak or some shrimp. Ohhh, steak and shrimp!" I said, getting excited.

"Oh, that sounds really good, but I want a huge steak! Oh! And a loaded baked potato!"

"Wow, you two remind me of-" Our mom began, but stopped mid sentence and cleared her throat. "Anyways...there's something I want to talk to you two about." Kyn looked over at me and rolled her eyes.

"Whatever it is, he did it." She huffed.

"Of course, cause you're the good twin and I'm the evil twin." I said.

"Knock it off. You're both my perfect little angels. Minus the perfect and the angel parts."

"Then that would just make us little and there's nothing little about me."

"Ew, gross!" Kyn exclaimed. "TMI!"

"Just being honest." I shrugged. "But whatever. What did you want to talk to us about?" Before she could answer, the waiter came over to take our drink orders, before quickly leaving to grab our drinks.

"Okay so...I wanted to talk to you both about your dad." She began, taking a deep breath.

"Dad? What about him? Is he alright?" Kynlee asked.

"Yes, your dad is fine, but I didn't mean him. I meant...your biological dad." I could physically feel Kynlee tense up next to me, as we both stared at our mom with confused looks on our faces.

"What made you want to talk about him now?" I questioned. "I thought we were better off not knowing anything about him."

"You are better off not knowing anything about him, but...that shouldn't be my decision to make for either of you. So...I'm going to ask...do you want to know about him?" She asked us. Kyn and I looked at each other, not knowing what to say or how to feel. We've talked about this so many times when we were younger, wondering who our biological dad was and what he did for a living. We even wasted five birthday wishes, wishing that he'd come visit us, but he never did. It wasn't until we both realized that we didn't need him, and we ended up with the greatest Dad in the entire world. He had been there since day one and we could always depend on him, no matter what.

"Honestly...and I can't speak for the both of us, but I don't want to know about him. We have a Dad, a real Dad, that loves us and will travel to the moon and back for all of us and I prefer to leave it at that."

"Agreed." Kynlee smiled. "I couldn't ask for a better Dad or a better Mom."

"Ugh, now you're both going to have me in here crying!" Our mom said, fanning her teary eyes. "Fine, we won't speak about him again, but I only brought it up because-" Her phone then went off, making us groan, as she answered the phone.

"Are you sure you're okay with not knowing?" I asked Kynlee.

"I'm more than sure. Like you said, we already have a Dad and we're just going to leave it at that." She responded. "Besides...it's that loser's loss that he missed out on us growing up."

"Exactly." We both shared a laugh, as our mom finished up her phone call.

"I swear...your Aunt Audrey is going to drive me crazy!" She said.

"What did she do now?" Kynlee asked.

"She decided to wait until the last minute to tell me that her mother-in-law is throwing a party tonight, in honor of their upcoming vowel renewal."

"I been meaning to ask...why are we treating this ceremony like an actual wedding? I thought a vowel renewal was a bit simpler." I asked.

"It usually is, but since they didn't have a real wedding the first time around, they want this to be like an actual wedding. Complete with bridesmaids, groomsmen, and all the works." She huffed. "She's gonna be the death of me."

"And you call me dramatic." Kynlee teased. "But a party sounds fun. Are we invited?"

"Of course. Dress formally, which is another challenge I have to deal with."

"What do you mean? You have a bunch of formal outfits."

"I know, but I wasn't talking about for me. I was talking about your sister." She grumbled.

"Ohh...yeah, good luck with that. If Lei doesn't hate anything else, she hates wearing a dress."

"Ugh, don't remind me. I'm just gonna have to bribe her somehow."

"Leave it to me, Mom. I'll make sure Lei dresses formally, and no bribes will be necessary." Kynlee said.

"She's all yours. Now, where is the waiter, cause I'm starving!"

After lunch, we headed back to the house, so that we could get ready for the party tonight. I had to figure out what I was going to wear, while Kyn went to work her magic on Lei, which I can't wait to see how that goes.

I couldn't help but wonder why Mom wanted to talk about our Dad all of sudden, and even though I said I didn't want to know anything about him...a small part of me did want to know. I mean...what does he do for a living? What is his personality like? And why wasn't he apart of mine and Kynlee's life all these years? I had so many questions and no answers, but I plan on getting answers one of these days. Until then...I wasn't going to worry about it, but that is starting to be proven as easier said then done.