Chapter Seven

Destiny

Destiny

After dinner, Kyron volunteered to get Prince ready for bed, while Wes, Leilani, and I cleaned up the kitchen together. I was in such deep thought, thinking of how I was going to tell the twins that their biological grandparents wanting to meet them, and I couldn't possibly tell them about their grandparents without telling them about...him. Sure, the conversation came up once before, but I brushed it off completely and told them that the least they knew about him the better.

"So your mom told me how mature you were when you were picking out your dress the other day." Wes said to Leilani, snapping me out of my thoughts. Lei frowned a little, shrugging her shoulders.

"It's no big deal. I was going to have to choose one regardless." She murmured.

"True, but because you've been such a good sport about it...your mother and I have a surprise for you." Wes dried his hands and walked out of the kitchen, returning a few moments later, with a box in his hands. 

"Are you kidding me? Am I in trouble or something?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, laughing a little.

"Those are heels, aren't they?" She asked, scrunching up her face. "You're already forcing me to wear a dress, but heels too? That's where I draw the line!"

"If she isn't your daughter." He laughed. "Lei, we aren't forcing you to wear heels. In fact, we're encouraging the exact opposite." He handed her the box and we both watched as she cautiously opened it. 

"Oh my God!" She shrieked, as she pulled out her brand new custom made converse shoes. "Are you serious? I get to wear these with my dress?" Her bright smile was worth all the complaining, constant eye rolling, and frowning that she had done over the last few days. 

"Yep, and both your Aunt Audrey and Uncle Elliot already approved of you wearing these shoes. They said it would go perfectly with your dress." I told her. She squealed, jumping up and down, as she ran and gave us both a tight hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love them and I love you guys so much!" She grabbed her box of shoes and ran upstairs, leaving me and Wes alone in the kitchen. 

"Told you she'd love them." He said, wrapping his arms around me. "I haven't seen her smile like that in awhile."

"I know right. She's a very unpleasant child, but she got that from you sooo..." I joked.

"Excuse me? What do you mean she got her unpleasantness from me? I am the most pleasant person you'll ever meet, plus she looks and acts exactly like you, so if anyone is unpleasant it's you." Wes lifted me up and sat me down on the kitchen counter, kissing my lips, as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "But I figured at least one of our kids would inherit your unpleasant, bossy attitude, but at least I am highly trained on how to handle it."  His teeth gently grazed my neck, making me shudder, as I groaned lightly.