Chapter 10

Scout pushed the large garage like door open. He walked around setting things up and getting the gym set to open for the day. He heard the door open. He wasn't surprised to see Warren walk into the gym. Warren didn't work for him but he was at the gym almost as much as Scout. He worked out but also helped Scout out where ever he could. He was a big hit with the younger teen kids. Warren was his best friend but also the biggest pain in his ass as well. 

"Good Morning Sunshine? How was your weekend? Or should I say how was your session yesterday with your little mermaid?"

"Little mermaid?"

"Yeah you know shows up on the docks, can't talk, wants your help..."

"Yeah I still don't know what you're talking about."

Scout walked away, continuing to set things up. 

"Seriously?...I forgot you didn't grow up with little sisters. It's a movie...Disney?...princess?"

"I'll have to take your word for it."

Scout was relieved when his annoying friend walked off to the locker room. 
Scout finished his session with one of his regulars. He looked up at the clock while wiping the sweat from his neck. It was 1pm and he was ready to take a break. He grabbed his lunch and sat outside on a ledge, looking out at the water. He finished his food quickly and dreaded going back inside...Mondays... His cellphone went off. He checked it and was surprised to see a text from Serena.

if you were serious about be running I may need to take you up on your offer to run with me. -Serena

He smirked and replied.

I was completely serious. meet me at the gym at 6pm -Scout

Scout returned to work and seemed to be in a better mood. But it wouldn't last. 

"Scout don't forget your meeting is this evening."

"SHIT!"

He knew he took his buddy by surprise with his out burst. Warren gave him a confused stare.

"I forgot that was today. I made plans with Serena."

"Hot date with the mermaid?!"

Scout just rolled his eyes at his idiot friend. After a few minutes he looked at his best friend and sighed. 

"Hey can you do me a favor?"

"What? The all mighty Scout needs my help? Please tell me what I can do for you."

"I told Serena to meet me here at 6pm to go for a run, for her training. I know her and if I tell her I can't go she will go by herself. I don't want that happening. It's too dangerous for her to go running alone at night. And with her history she would be terrified the whole time but too hardheaded to go home. If I offer for her to stay here and run on the tredmill will you stay and close up?"

"Of course man. I'll keep an eye on the little mermaid for ya."

Anger peaked in Scout.

"Keep your eyes to yourself and don't talk while you're at it."

Warren laughed. "Got it, Ariel is taken."

Warren laughed again at the confused look on Scout's face. He just walked off still laughing. Scout pulled out his cell and texted Serena before heading home to get cleaned up.

Serena walked into the gym and was surprised to see Warren cleaning and no Scout in sight. Warren spotted her and walked over to her. She had met him the first time she had been here. He was just as big and built as Scout but there was something different. It was the smile on his face. He was much more relaxed and carefree than Scout. She remembered his friendly attitude and smiled back at him.