Chapter 16

I'm home. -S

Serena barely made it into her room to change when there was a knock on the door. She sighed and let her in. 

"It's about time! I've been waiting for you to get home all day!"

Blair follows Serena into her bedroom. She watches as she lays out "church clothes" and groans.

"Please tell me you don't plan to attend church tonight."

Serena smiled at her and nodded. Blair grabs the clothes and tosses them back into the closet. 

"Nope! You, me, and a bottle of wine are staying in tonight. I don't care! You will be fine not going this once. Now change into this and let's order some food."

Blair threw some shorts and a shirt at her. Serena decided she was too tired and really needed to vent to her friend. So she changed into them and went out to the living room. 

"Ok I'm going to order food and open the wine...you get writing. I want to know everything that happened."”

Well as I told you the guy at the bar was Warren and he got kicked out of the bar for hitting a guy that was following me after I rejected him by walking away. Warren is Scout's friend and I know him from the gym. I texted Scout to come and pick up Warren because he wasn't able to drive obviously. I helped him "carry" Warren into his apartment. He kissed me. I stayed the night. He brought me home the next day to change for training. Then we had lunch after that and he brought me home. end of story.

She watched Blair's face as she read it. She saw her eyes grow in shock and she smiled. Blair rolled her eyes and looked at Serena.

"End of story my ass! First, where is the gym because these two men are gorgeous and I need to join! Most importantly YOU KISSED!! Is this the first time? Did you do more?"

She saw the blush grow across Serena's face.

"Oh my God, you did!!! I'm so happy for you! You deserve it. How long has it been? Forever I know!" She laughed. "How was it?"

Serena was relieved to hear the buzzer for the exterior door downstairs. Blair went to the intercom and told the delivery guy she would be down in a moment. It didn't take long before they were sitting on her couch surrounded by Chinese food. This didn't slow down Blair's interrogation. 

"Ok what does this mean now? Are you two like together?"

Serena just shrugged and signed. I don't know.

"Do you want to be together?"

Again she signed. I don't know.

"Why wouldn’t you? He is gorgeous, great in bed, and obviously into you."

Serena thought about it. She grabbed her whiteboard.

You know me. I don't really date. Plus he's not my type….he's 

"I'm going to stop you there. I get it he's out of your comfort zone. But Serena, maybe that's what you need. Someone who is the opposite of you that forces you out of your comfort zone."

Serena thought about it while she ate then signed. I don't know…we'll see.

------------------

Serena walked out of her office and made her way into the cafeteria. She wasn't have a great day. In fact her week wasn't going great. Scout had been running with her every evening but he seemed distant and nothing like he had been over the weekend. It was Wednesday and her day off. She didn't know if she was relieved or disappointed. She was deep in thought moving her food around with her fork when someone walked up to her table. She looked up and smiled at her boss. 

"Serena, I was looking for you. Michelle is sick and I need you to fill in for her. She was going to Boston for some research. If you are able I need you to leave as soon as possible, it's a rushed project."

Serena smiled and nodded. 

"Great I'll email the details!"

Again Serena nodded and watched her walk away, typing away on her cell. Serena was excited but also a bit nervous. One, she had never been to Boston. Second, traveling was always more stressful than enjoyable for her because of her lack of communication. She threw away her food, she didn't have an appetite anyways. When she got to her office she was surprised to already find the email in her inbox. She read through it real quick. She would need to leave tomorrow and would be gone for 3 or 4 days. She finished her work and left work a little early. She knew she should go home and pack but she needed to make one stop first.