Chapter 22

Serena woke up and was burning up. She went to remove the cover and found Scout wrapped around her. His arms tightened around her and pulled her closer to his chest. 

"It's too early."

She almost laughed at his child-like voice. She didn't want to get up but was now curious about what time it was. They had to be checked out by 10am. She looked at her phone and was relieved and disappointed it was already 9am. She also saw she had several missed calls and texts from Blair and one from Warren. She checked Blair's first. One was from 3am saying she got back to the hotel safe and sound, a couple asking where she had gone and that Scout had told her she went back early, and finally one from this morning. It was only a minute or two old so it's probably what woke her up. It was asking if she was almost ready to check out and get breakfast. She sent her a text saying she was getting ready. Then she checked Warren's text.

sorry my little mermaid. hope you have a good night. get some rest. I'll see you in the morning -W

No need to say sorry. I should be the one saying sorry. meet in lobby at 10 for check out and breakfast -S

She put her phone down and turned to face Scout. He was looking at her. They didn't say anything. After a few minutes she watched him get up out of bed and instantly missed the warmth of his arms. She looked at him, his chest bare, all his tattoos on display, and his jeans hanging off his hips. He walked into the bathroom. She laid back and stared at the ceiling. Thoughts of the night before started flooding back. She heard the bathroom door open, she could hear the shower running, he stood in front of the bed. Scout nodded towards the bathroom and reached out his hand.

"Join me."

She could think of a hundred reasons why that was a bad idea but she crawled out of bed and took his hand. Once in the bathroom her heart started to race. He grabbed the hem of her shirt and pulled it over her head. He unbuttoned and unzipped his jeans, pulling them down with his boxer. She did the same and pulled down her shorts and panties. She didn't know why she was so nervous. He had seen her naked before. He had touched her before. Why was this different? He smiled at her and got into the shower. She stepped in behind him and the sight of Scout naked with water running down his muscular toned body was enough to make her fall apart at the seams. When she looked up at him in the eyes they were dark and full of lust. 

"I plan to behave myself but if you keep looking at me like that I don't know if I can keep that promise."

Serena blushed and looked away. He pulled her into the water and once her hair was fully soaked she felt his fingers massaging shampoo into her hair. He did her conditioner and washed her body. She literally bit her tongue to hold back a moan during that. 

"Now it's my turn."

She turned around and saw Scout smiling with a smirk on his face. He washed his own hair but handed Serena the soap. She blushed. He turned around and she started washing his back when she made it down to his hips he turned around. She washed his abs and chest before going down his arms. Her fingers tracing his different tattoos. 

"Ok you can get dressed while I finish up with a cold shower. If you don't stop now we will be late for check out."

Serena couldn't help but blush and stepped out of the shower. She dried off and walked out to the room to get dressed. It was a long drive home so sweats and a tshirt were today's attire. She had barely pulled on her shirt when Scout walked out in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. 

um...if you don't want to be late. You should put some clothes on. 

Her heart started to race as she watched him get closer to her. He leaned down and kissed her. It wasn't as aggressive like before, he was gentle and taking it slow. He nipped her bottom lip. Then smirked before walking back into the bathroom to get dressed. Serena tried to calm down while she finished packing up her things. When they left her room Serena went down to the lobby and Scout went to his room to grab his things. Serena checked out and found Blair, Louis, and Warren sitting at a table eating breakfast. She grabbed some food and sat down with them. Shortly after Scout sat down next to her.