Chapter 13

Thanks again for staying late for me.

Serena walked into the gym on Friday evening.

"Anytime my little mermaid."

Serena smiled and rolled her eyes. She had asked him about the nickname earlier in the week and he had said it was because both her and the little mermaid couldn't speak. She had to admit it was a new one for her and for some reason he thought it was the funniest thing ever. She sat down to stretch and like he had every day this week Warren sat with her. When she got on the treadmill she put in her earbuds. As soon as she was done Warren was once again by her side. She enjoyed his company. No matter how crappy her day was he always knew how to cheer her up. She took a good look at him and he was handsome. She grabbed her white board.

don't you have better things to do on a Friday night?

"Ha. I could ask you the same thing. But nah, I'm pretty strict about my training and I'm here open to close this week. I guess since Scout will be back I can sleep in tomorrow."

Warren noticed her reaction to his mention of Scout. Just like she had done all week. She tried to hide her peaked interest. He just stared at her with a knowing smirk. Serena just looked back at him. She broke first and sighed.

I didn't know when he would be back. I guess he will be here for Sunday's training then.

"Yep. He gets back late tonight, I believe. You seriously haven't talked to him since he left?"

nope. 

"idiot."

excuse me?!

Warren laughed.

"Not you, my little mermaid! It's late. Let's get you home before midnight."

wrong princess idiot!

"Ouch. Why the name calling?"

You said it first.

"But I wasn't talking about you."

Serena laughed at Warren's pretend hurt feelings. After cleaning up they made their way outside and said goodbye. 

----------

Serena was in a good mood but was nervous about seeing Scout again. She put no effort into her look and came without make-up and her hair simply pulled up. When she walked into the gym for her Sunday training so was surprised to find Warren standing in the middle of the gym. She smiled and walked up to him.

"Wow, you look different."

Serena gave him a funny look.

"You look good with no make-up. I like the casual look."

He smiled at her and she signed Thank You.

"Ok time to stretch, my little mermaid!"

She looked at him confused.

"If you're looking for the boss he is in the office. He told me to get you started and he would be out in a bit."

She nodded and stretched out on the floor. They talked and bantered like they had all week but a part of Serena was very aware of the closed office door and the person on the other side of it. She finished and got on the treadmill. At some point during her run she didn't see him but felt his presence and knew he was in the gym. She looked over at Warren and sure enough the two men were standing there talking. She couldn't hear them so she faced forward and focused back on her run.

"I don't understand why you need me. You've done this training a thousand times with individuals and groups, all by yourself before."

"Don't overthink it. Just go get her."