Chapter 18

Serena pulled back out of the highway. It should only take two and a half hours to get to Boston from Portland but Serena had known better. She knew it would be closer to three hours with Blair's appetite and small bladder. When she got to the hotel she parked and woke up Blair. They grabbed their bags and went to check in. She felt a familiar feeling when she saw the receptionist's look of relief when he realized Blair could speak for me because he didn't understand my sign language. She just smiled and nodded at him when they were done. Because they didn't reserve their rooms at the same time Blair's room was on a whole other floor. 

Serena entered her room and sighed. Finally! She put her suitcase on the bed, unpacked and hung up a few outfits before putting it away, and laying down. After resting for a bit she got up and decided to check out the hotel gym, get a run in before dinner with Blair. She changed and went downstairs. She pulled her headphones into her cell and started running on the treadmill. About 20 minutes into her run her cell pinged loud in her ear. She picked it up to see a text from Scout.

Better not skip out on your running just because you're out of town. -S

She smiled and shook her head. She stopped the treadmill and turned to take a picture showing her and the treadmill. 

[PHOTO] on it boss -S

She continued her run. Half waiting for her cell to ping again. When it did she was disappointed to see Blair texted her. 

Get ready I'm starving. -B

In gym. Give me 30min to get back up there and showered. -S

Serena did just that and she wasn't surprised when she walked out of the bathroom to find Blair waiting for her on her bed. She suddenly was rethinking exchanging their extra keys. 

---------------

Serena sat in the quiet library flipping through books and catalogs for her research. She thought about the day before and smiled. She had spent the whole day hanging out with Blair, a true girl's day. And she had a wonderful time. It had been something she really needed. And after telling Blair about Scout's attitude this week she was no longer praising his name. Which was a nice change. She focused back on her work and let the time slip away. 

Where are you? I thought we were going out tonight? -B

Serena looked up at the time and was shocked to see how late it was. The library was about to close and it was already dark outside. She stretched and cleaned up her books. 

Sorry, lost track of time. Eat without me. -S

No worries. I'll text you later. See if you want me to bring back anything to eat -B

Thanks and sorry again -S

Serena got back to the hotel and decided to go for her daily run. She changed and went down to the gym. When she walked in a gentleman was working out. She didn't like sharing the gym space. She smirked at herself, maybe that's why she never joined a gym in the past. As she was putting in her earbuds she noticed him look up at her. She smiled and nodded before turning on her music and getting on the treadmill, facing the wall. It wasn't long before she felt more than saw the guy leave the gym. She sighed in relief to have the gym to herself again. But it wouldn't last too long before she heard the door open again and someone entering. She didn't look to see who it could be and just kept running. Her cell pinged and she grabbed it. 

Glad to see you're keeping to our schedule. Hope you're not over doing it and enjoying your trip. -S

Over do it? Me? Never. And my definition of fun is different than most people. -S

It's a little late to be running don't you think? And what did I say about running alone? -S

Serena tensed up. How did he know she was running? She stopped running and looked around. She hopped off the treadmill and pulled her earbuds out. Scout was leaning against the opposite wall, smiling, holding his cell.

"You should pay more attention to your surroundings."