Epilogue

Scout laid in bed. Serena laid on her side, half on him, her head on his chest. Both enjoying their post sex glow. Their legs tangled together. Serena's finger absentmindedly tracing his tattoos. 

What do your tattoos stand for? Or are they just random?

"Some have meaning, others I just liked in the moment."

She leaned up on her elbows and looked down at his arms and chest. 

Which ones have meaning?

"This one was my first." It was a fist with the knuckles wrapped. "It shows I'm a southpaw."

What is a southpaw?

He smiled at her.

"It means I'm left handed."

She nodded and pointed to a tattoo of a feather.

"That one represents my mom."

"The cross is for Uncle Ken. I'm not really religious but he was and he went to mass every Sunday. But this compass also represents him, he kept me on the right path."

What about the roman numerals?

"It's a date...It's the day I hurt my knee. The day everything changed for me."

The day I met you everything changed for me. I love you so much!

"I love you too MY Little Mermaid."

oh no not you too!

She laughed.

"Maybe I should get a mermaid tattoo."

Serena rolled her eyes and laughed. She was still tracing different tattoos when suddenly Scout grabbed her wrist and she was flipped onto her back. 

"If you're done running your fingers all over me I think it's time for my fingers to do some wandering."

He smirked as he leaned down to kiss her as his left hand roamed down her body.