Chapter 3

She shut the freezer and grabbed a spoon. After checking the locks for the third time Serena made her way into the bedroom. She flipped on the TV and started surfing the channels. There was nothing on worth watching so she put in a movie. Once she was in bed she opened the carton of ice cream and shoved the spoon down into it. After taking a single bite she laid the ice cream down and got up. She walked into the study and just looked around. Her mind was going a hundred different directions and she couldn’t stay still. She looked for something, anything to keep her hands and mind busy. She sat down at the computer and logged on. 

She was woken up by a knock on the door. She got up from the desk, where she had finally passed out at, and went to answer the door. She looked through the peephole and was relieved to see Blair.

"I hope you weren’t planning on wearing that to church. I don't think everyone would approve."

Serena went and grabbed her board.

I just woke up. I think I will miss church today

"You look like crap. Would you like me to stay and talk? You know me missing church is no big deal. I really only go because you drag me out to it. Come on we'll have a girl's day!"

They both laughed. Serena agreed and went into her room to change. Blair followed her and saw the half made bed and completely melted ice cream carton next to the bed.

"What happened here?"

Serena just shook her head and went into the bathroom to change. When she was stripping her clothes she saw fresh bruises starting to show up on her legs and arms. So she put on some jeans and a t-shirt to try and hide them.

"How about some shopping? We could go to the mall and see if there are any sales!"

Serena listened to her go on and on while she put make-up on to cover the dark circles under her eyes. Just looking at herself in the mirror she could tell the laxk of good sleep was starting to get to her after only one restless night. She went back out to the bedroom.

The mall sounds great. 

"Ok so are we ready to go?"

She nodded her head and grabbed her purse. Serena was starting to feel at ease again. That was until they sat down for lunch and Blair started giving her a look. She finally gave in and mouthed...What? 

"Oh  nothing. You were just attacked the other night and then this man shows up. I won't lie, a part of me didn't like the idea of leaving you with him but you said you were ok with it and well you're a big girl and all. Plus I knew I was just across the hall if anything happened. So tell me! What happened after I left? And I know its none of my business but why was there melted ice cream next to an unslept-in bed?"

Serena rolled her eyes at her and signed...Are you done? She pulled out her whiteboard.

And nothing really happened after you left.
I cleaned myself up a bit and fell asleep on the couch.
He left.
I had a bad dream and was restless. 
Which explains the ice cream and bed. 
Anything else you feel you need to know?

"Did he say anything? What did you guys talk about? Come on give me something! He is hot! And well we both know you haven't been out with anyone in well forever. "

Blair was laughing but Serena wasn't in such a good mood. She couldn't stop thinking about her dream and how real it felt. She knew she couldn't tell Blair about it, no matter how much she would love to hear it. But she smiled and answered her questions.

We didn't really walk about much
He just took care of me.
He made the couch up and made me take a nap
Not sure but i think he was still there when i fell asleep.

"Wait, he was still there when you went to sleep? Ok I don't think that was the best idea. I mean he's hot but you don't know him that well. What if he had...you know taken advantage of you or something?"

I think he would have done that the night before

Blair finally gave up on the topic and started going on about the drama in her life. Serena just kind of tuned her out after a while. After they finished eating they went back home. 

I'm tired. Going to take a nap. Serena signed.

"Ok! Call if you need anything!"

They said their goodbyes in the hallway. Serena had agreed to go out shopping hoping it would help get her mond off everything. It failed. All day she kept thinking about him and about her dream. She went straight to her bedroom and closed the curtains tight. She cleaned up the melt ice cream before finally crawling into bed. There was bo tossing and turning. The moment her head hit the pillow she was asleep.