Chapter 14

They took the stairs to the third floor. When Serena walked inside the first thing that grabbed her attention was the amazing view.

Wow! 

"The view is what sold the place. That and how close it is to the gym."

Serena pulled her eyes away from the evening sky and the sun dancing off the water. She looked around his apartment. It was nicer than she had expected. It was simply decorated and clean. It was an open floor plan so she could see the kitchen, table, and living room. Scout was grabbing something from the fridge as she looked around. She couldn't help but wonder which door led to his bedroom. Serena blushed when Scout walked up to her with a raised eyebrow...she was caught. 

"Here drink this. The caffeine should keep you from crashing after your scare."

He sat down on the couch and she sat down with him.

Thank you.

Scout looked at her. She was tense and nervous. This is the way she was always around him. He had not realized time had passed but suddenly she put down an empty glass and stood. 

I am going to go now. Thank you for the drink and helping me calm down. I'm sure I am fine to drive now. 

"Of course. I'll walk you to your car."

You don't have to.

"It's almost dark out...yes I do."

She looked out the large window and nodded. 

--------------

After another long week of running with Scout and his mood swings, Serena was exhausted, mentally and physically. She knew she needed a break, a distraction. So when Blair asked her to go out with her to drink and dance the night away she said yes to both of their surprise. Part of her was excited to get dressed up and go out. But it did not slip past her that the last time she had gone out she had been followed by a group of men. A shiver ran through her body as she stared at herself in the full length mirror. She wore black high heels, that might just kill her by the end of the night. She wore tights with floral vines, leaning the impression of tattoos running up her legs from a distance. She had on black high waisted shorts that had never fit her better. She hated to admit all the running was paying off. She topped it off with a blue sequin halter top that showed a lot of skin but left her comfortable as well. She had just finished curling her hair and pulling it up. Leaving long hair down was never an option in a hot dance club. She sighed to herself. She hoped tonight would go well. Being mute in a crowded, loud place, full of drunk people wasn't always the easiest situation. Before she could dwell on it too much there was a knock on the door. 

Serena was truly enjoying herself. She was a couple drinks in and was starting to sweat from their dancing. Serana and Blair found a table to sit at. Blair went to the bar and ordered two drinks. Blair was barely gone before some guy slid in beside Serena. She quickly realized he was completely wasted and had no respect for personal space. She groaned and tried to push him back. He must have taken her silence as acceptance or something because he leaned into her again. She quickly stood up and started towards Blair. Her fear spiked when she realized he was following her. She wasn't paying attention to where she was going and walked straight into someone. The large man looked at her and then at the man following behind her. Before she knew what was happening the drunk man was on the ground with blood pouring from his nose. 

"Serena?"

She turned around to find Blair holding two glasses, staring at her in confusion. 

"You two out! Lets go!"