Chapter 21

A few things happened all at once. Scout watched as Serena crawled off of Warren's bed, hair down and dressed in his clothes. He saw red. Without a thought he punched Warren in the face. 

Oh my God!

He looked at Serena and for the first time since the day they met she looked at him with fear in her eyes. That look was like ice in his veins. He stepped back and watched the door close. His back hit the wall and he ran his fingers through his hair as he slid down to the floor. He didn't know how long he had been sitting there when the door opened. He just stared as Serena stepped out with her arms full of her clothes. He quickly stood up and reached out for her. But she flinched and took a step back. She walked to the elevator. He followed her.

"Serena, wait." 

He got into the elevator with her. She was ignoring him but he couldn't just walk away. As soon as the door opened she hurried out. He followed her all the way to her room. 

"Please talk to me."

She stood in her room but he didn't allow her to shut the door on him. He walked in and shut the door behind him. 

I have nothing to say to you.

"I don't know what is going on and you are going to explain."

I have to explain?!? I don't owe you an explanation for anything!"

He watched as she walked away from him and put her stuff down. Once again he was reminded of her attire and who's it was. He clenched his fists. 

"Well let's start with why you left the bar in the first place. One minute you are dancing all over Warren and the next you two were gone."

He watched as she looked up at him in shock and anger. Well that was better than fear. He could handle anger. But she still kept quiet.

"Then I got a text saying you two left and were heading back to the hotel. When I asked if everything was ok I got no reply."

This seemed to be news to her so he kept going.

"So I came to check on you and I get no answer from your room or either one of your guys' phones. So excuse my shock when I find you in Warren's room, in his BED, and in his clothes!"

Why do you even care?

This brought his brain to a stop. Why did he care? Then he looked at her and she looked tired and...lost. His anger started to grow again but this time towards himself. He grabbed her and pulled her to his chest. 

"Because the thought of you with Warren kills me. But if that's what you want I won't stand in your way. He's a good guy."

Suddenly she crumbled in his arms and started crying. He sat down on the bed and held her in his arms. He waited until she calmed down. When she stopped crying he pulled away from her and wiped her cheeks of tears. She started to pull away and move but he held her on his lap.

I'm sorry. I'm fine now, thank you. 

"You don't have to say sorry. Just talk to me."

She took a deep breath and looked up at him. 

I saw you.

He just looked at her confused.

I saw you kiss Victoria.

She looked down at her hands and Scout sighed. Some things were starting to make sense but that didn't explain Warren.

"So you thought you'd sleep with my best friend?"