Chapter 20

"Five minutes."

Scout nodded at the man as he entered the locker room. 

"Is he ready? We need to get moving. He's on in five."

"Yeah he's ready." Warren replied. 

Scout wasn't nervous. Louis was ready for this. It wasn't a big title fight but he was just starting out. If he did good tonight he should have enough big names in the crowd watching he will grab some sponsors. He was a good fighter and had a good clean head on his shoulders. Scout walked next to Warren, just behind Louis, as they made their way out to the ring. Scout had always loved that feeling walking into the arena but not so much since his accident. He stayed focused. The fight didn't last long Louis won in the second round by a knockout. When they got back to the locker room all three guys were celebrating. Warren's phone went off.

"Shit!"

"What's up?" Scout asked.

"I almost forgot your Little Mermaid is here and…"

"WHAT?!?"

Warren didn't get a chance to answer before Scout was out the door. Warren rushed after him.

"Woah! She just texted me their seats. What's the big deal?"

He didn't say anything.

"Ok well at least let me show you where she's at."

Scout slowed but didn't stop. He let Warren take the lead.

"What is she doing here?"

"I invited her."

Scout stopped and looked at him like he was crazy.

"Did it ever occur to you that I didn't invite her for a reason?"

"Nope."

When they finally found their way to Serena and Blair's seats Scout could literally feel the weight lift from his chest. If anything had happened to her he would have killed Warren. In fact he was still considering it. 

"Hello ladies!"

Warren was always the charmer. But Scout was zeroed in on Serena. She smiled and waved but he noticed she seemed pale and quiet, even for her. Warren was trying to talk but could barely be heard over the noise for the next fight. So Scout yelled in his ears to get the girls and head out. He was relieved to see them agree and follow him out. When they all made it back to the locker room Louis was just finishing packing his stuff up. It was decided that all five were going out to a club to celebrate. 

-----------------

Serena had hated the fighting. It had literally made her nausea watching men beat each other up. And she hated to admit it but it made her see Scout and Warren in a new way. But she didn't want to ruin the night for everyone so she didn't "say" anything and just smiled. 

Once inside the club they found a table and Scout went to get the first round of drinks. It didn't take long before Blair was dragging Louis out on the dance floor. Serena watched them for a moment before she realized how quiet Warren was being. He was never quiet. She turned her head to look at him and he too was staring at the mass of people on the dance floor. Only when she saw who he was staring at she was surprised. She looked back at him. He caught her staring at him and smiled. She narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Here's your drinks. That was a nightmare. You get the next round."

As Scout sat down Warren stood up and grabbed Serena's hand. 

"Come on Mermaid, now there's someone to watch the table, let's go dance."

Serena couldn't help but laugh and follow him. Still holding her hand Warren placed her them around his neck and put his on her waist. They started swaying to the music. Serena closed her eyes and just felt the music. Serena turned around and Warren kept his hands on her waist. She felt him lean forward and whisper in her ear. 

"I might die for this. Don't look now but someone is getting very jealous right now." 

Serena fought the urge to look back at their table. So she danced so that their backs were towards him. When the song ended she decided to head back to the table. When she turned around she was stunned to find Scout sitting there talking to some blonde barbie. Who was practically in his lap.

"Shit!" Warren said.

She looked at Warren who had just seen what she did. But when she looked back she went numb. They were kissing. She turned and ran out of the club. Warren chased after her but didn't get to her until she was already outside. She held back the tears but she knew the damn was about to burst. Warren didn't say anything but got in the cab with her. He was texting most of the way back to the hotel. When they got back Warren refused to let Serena be alone. So she agreed to go to his room and talk. 

"Here put these on."

Serena nodded and walked into the bathroom to change. Once she was in a pair of Warren's gym shorts and t-shirt she started to feel a little better. When she came out Warren was in his pajama pants, sitting in bed leaning against the wall. She smiled when she saw the carton of ice cream. He held it out to her. She crawled onto the bed and sat cross legged in front of him. She looked at the carton with a questionable look. 

"I have sisters. I know the drill. Plus I have a sweet tooth."

She grabbed the ice cream and savored the deliciousness. 

"Ok I know this is going to be a majority one sided conversation and it's honestly not my place to say a lot of this but here goes. I'm going to take by your reaction tonight you have feelings for Scout."

He waited for a response and eventually she nodded her head.

"I don't know what happened back there but I'm almost a hundred percent sure you have nothing to worry about. That woman is the devil and…"

Serena waved her hand for him to stop. She looked at him confused. She signed who is she? He didn't seem to understand but he looked like he was trying to figure it out. 

"Who?"

Serena smiled and nodded.

"Victoria."

Serena still looked confused, shook her head, and shrugged. Warren sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Scout and Victoria used to date but it's been years. She broke his heart. But this isn't my story to tell. Hell, he would probably kill me for telling you that much."

Serena smiled and signed OK.

She didn't want to put Warren in the middle of things. She also didn't want to think about Scout kissing or dating some other person. So she was happy to change the subject. She stared at him. Wanting to ask him a question. 

"You know that's twice tonight you stared at me like that. I'm guessing you notice things more than other people."

Serena nodded.

"Like who I was watching dance tonight?"

Again Serena nodded.

"You know what Little Mermaid I think we are going to be good friends. In just a short amount of time you have figured things out that some people never will. So to answer that question I can see spinning around in your head is yes."

There was a knock on the door. Warren got up and answered it.

"Where is she!?!"