Chapter 24

Serena opened the door and let Warren in. 

"Hello, how is my little mermaid?"

"Your little mermaid? Didn't we already have a talk about this?"

Warren stopped and Serena saw a flick of shock before he smirked at Scout. 

"I didn't know you had company."

Scout! Just tell him to sit down so we can talk.

"Sit, she wants to talk." Scout said as he turned towards the couch.

She rolled her eyes at the two of them. When they sat down in her living room it suddenly seemed a lot smaller with them in it. She looked at them and sighed, she wished she could just talk to them like a normal person. 

I think we should start with you apologizing for punching him. 

"Already did."

Again, in person.

Serena saw Warren looking back and forth between the two of them.

This would be easier if he knew….tell him you can hear me.

"I did, he just thinks I'm crazy."

She looked at Warren and narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Well this is fun." Warren laughed. 

Scout rolled his eyes at him.

"I want to say in person I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that and hit you."

"It's cool man. I know what it looked like. I'd be disappointed if you hadn't."

It was Serena's turn to roll her eyes...men.

Tell him I'm sorry too.

"Serena says she is sorry too."

Serena could feel Warren's eyes on her.

"You really want me to believe you can actually hear her."

Serena nodded. Scout replied with a serious yes.

"Prove it."

"And how exactly do I do that?" 

"Tell Scout something only you and I know." He said to Serena.

She saw jealousy, curiosity, and a little bit of anger cross Scout's face. But he didn't say anything. Serena got nervous and tired to think of something without telling Scout anything. But she knew he caught something when his forehead scrunched up in confusion. 

"Gay?"

Warren's eyes got big before he started laughing. Scout just stared at him like he snapped. Serena froze.

"How?" Warren asked. "I wish I could hear you little mermaid!"

Warren must have read the look on Serena's face because he smiled at her.

"Don't worry little mermaid, I'm not mad. It's not a secret really, I just don't tell people. It's this idiot's fault he never realized over the years."

Serena felt relief at Warren's smirk but a little concerned about the man frozen in confusion. 

Are you ok? I didn't want to say anything but I'm kind of shocked you didn't already know.

"How...how did you know?" He looked at Serena then Warren. "How...why didn't you tell me? When…"

"Dude stop!" Warren laughed. "Serena figured it out. She notices everything. So I admitted it to her last night. Right before you came knocking. It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? How is this not a big deal?"

"It doesn't change anything. I've known I was gay for years and no one noticed. The only thing it changes I guess is how you see me and well you knowing that I'm not trying to fuck your girlfriend."

"It doesn't change the way I see you, shit. I just wish you had told me. 

Serena tried not to overthink the girlfriend comment and felt uncomfortable and guilty. She stood up and started for the kitchen. 

"Where are you off to?" Warren asked.

Take out menus. 

When she returned with menus in hand she was happy to see the guys bantering. They looked up at her and she smiled, waving the papers. They agreed on pizza and called in the order. 

She looks at them...hearing a mute person, coming out after years, forgotten jealousy...how is everyone so calm?! Serena thought to herself. She smiled. She didn't care; she was just happy for the moment. This is what it felt like to have people who truly cared about you. She hadn't felt this at home since her parents died. She was pulled from her happy thoughts.

"So where’s your sidekick?" Warren asked her.

Across the hall.

"She's across the hall, she said." Scout repeated.

"Invite her over."

Serena texted Blair.

Come over...bring wine! -S

It didn't take long before there was a knock on the door. Serena answered it. 

"I brought the wine. What happened? Did that ass….oh hello! I didn't know we were having a party."

Serena laughed at her friend. Blair headed towards the kitchen.

"Serena, help me find the wine bottle opener."

Serena laughed. Blair knew exactly where it was but she followed her friend anyways.

"What's with the sex gods out there?"

Serena grabbed a piece of paper.

Scout is taken and you're not Warren's type.

"Wait, you and Scout...finally together? Tell me everything! Hey what do you mean I'm not his type?"

Blair pouted and Serena couldn't help but laugh. She grabbed four wine glasses and walked back out to the living room. Blair followed.

"Aww...what's got you down? I thought we were having a party." Warren asked when a less energetic Blair returned.

I told her she wasn't Warren's type.

Scout literally burst out laughing. Serena smiled but the other two looked at him like he was crazy. This was going to be a fun evening