Chapter 19

What are you doing here?

"I'm in town with one of my guys. He has a fight tomorrow."

Ok...but what are you doing here? How did you know I was here?

"I thought it would be harder to find you without telling you I was in town but you sent that picture with the hotel name on the wall behind you."

Scout pointed to the wall behind her. 

So you thought you'd just show up? 

"I told you I'm in town for a fight. We are staying here. It's close to the arena."

Serena was speechless. Then her cell pinged again. 

Where are you? I'm in your room. I have dinner! -B

In gym. Be right there -S

I've got to go. Dinner plans.

She could be mistaken but she swore she saw a flash of jealousy cross his face. She started for the door and half expected him to stop her but he didn't. 

"Have a good night Serena."

Thanks. You too. Good night.

Serena didn't sleep well. Knowing Scout was somewhere in the building drove her crazy with questions. 

-----------------

The next morning Serena got up and got ready for the library. It would be a shorter work day than yesterday. She even set an alarm because she promised Blair they would go out for their last night in town. As she stepped out of the elevator she nearly walked into a solid chest. 

"Little Mermaid!! I heard you were here! Don't need to tackle me to say hello!"

Serena smiled as he swept her up into a hug. She signed a Hello.

"Off to work already? Seriously what job makes you work on a Saturday?"

She quickly pulled out her whiteboard and wrote.

Gym is open on Saturday 

You are here for a fight aka work

"You got me there. So you are going tonight, right?"

She shook her head no.

"What?! Well now you are! I have to be there early but I got your ticket and I will see you there."

I don't know. Told Blair we would go out tonight. 

"Bring her. Just give them my name at the door and I'll have two tickets waiting!"

Ok. I really got to get to work. See you later

"Later Little Mermaid!"

She smiled and waved before leaving the hotel. She spent over six hours at the library before heading back to the hotel. She took a shower and went to get dressed. She stood there staring at her clothes for a while before texting Blair.

Can't go. Nothing to wear. -S

I'm on my way. -B

Blair came in with her suitcase in tow. Without a word she opened it and dumped the contents on the bed. 

"What can I say I packed with a night out in mind."

After searching through Blair's pile of clothing. Serena had agreed on an outfit. It wasn't her usual but it would do. Her skirt was a little shorter than she liked but long enough to keep everything covered at all times. The halter top was a bit small but that just made her chest look bigger. She did her make-up and curled her hair. She refused the heels Blair insisted on her wearing. Instead she wore a pair of black boots, with a small heel she pointed out. She looked at the time and her stomach knotted up. It was almost time to leave. She was nervous. She had never been to a fight before and she was always anxious when going somewhere new. She took a deep breath and remembered Scout would be there. That seemed to help calm her nerves. Before she knew it she was standing at the ticket booth, giving them Warren's name.