Elite pt3

sorry I haven't updated I've had writers block but I'm thinking of writing for as long as I can mentally instead of forcing myself to write long shit chapters.

Two months later
I stare at my half eaten plate as the crickets make noise during the quiet family dinner with the Chalamets. My mom hasn't been responsive and seems to be out of touch with reality mentally. So now she is living with the Chalamets, she sits on the patio and stares off into the sky all day and hums. I have this deep gut feeling that something is off being hospitalized by the Chalamets. I tried to to talk to mom alone and ask if she knew something as she was seeping closer out of reality, then Mrs. Chalamet enters out of no where. She held a warm composure and smile but her eyes were stone cold. Something I'm not used to from her. Then again looking back as a child Mrs. Chalamet would always smile at what friendly thing my parents would say to her, but when they turned around and flash of a grim look on her face would come out for a split second.

I'm so drained from life now I'm questioning my relationship with Timotheé right now. I have been depressed and maybe I'm playing inspector Gadget with over analyzing. Yes I know I shouldn't think it was the Chalamets actually that killed my father but they are rich and powerful enough to dismantle our tradition. It makes perfect sense, with my father out the picture and with Timotheé planning to engage to me, they can have all my family properties and trades by marriage. They know my mother is unstable to take care of our businesses and they think I'm too depressed to take over.

I look over at Timotheé, he stares at the burning candle intently and my heart burns. Could my Timotheé really betray me like this? After how my family made his feel welcomed. Then again I fail to realize we're billionaires. Billionaire will crush anyone to make sure they stay at the top for the life style- capitalism. It makes sure the little ants are working their lives out just so of their pay to end up in our pockets by the government owing us. So if we can scam thousands out of their lives, then what made me actually think that Timotheé gave the slightest fuck about me?

 So if we can scam thousands out of their lives, then what made me actually think that Timotheé gave the slightest fuck about me?

He glances over me slightly suspicious as the maid picks up his plate. I fake a yawn to dodge questions about myself in his mind.

" I'm restless I think I need to lie down for bed..." I sigh.

Timotheé snap his fingers in my direction for the maid to pick up my plate also.

"Mother and Father if you don't mind I'm going to take Y/n to the formal living room then to bed." He stands and sets his cloth on the table.

They nod softly as a response a look is shared between all of them across the table and I know something is up. I glance at my mother staring into space aimlessly. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. I stand up and Timotheé grabs my hand and leads me inside the mansion. The pad of our feet from the marble flooring and the French painting and wall detailing is still breath taking for me. We walk into the formal living room and I sit in the white couch. Timotheé sighs and combs his fingers through his hair.

"Look Y/n I genuinely have feelings for you and I-." He sighs and and nervously gets down on one knee.

I need to figure out what to say. If I say yes the Chalamets have a harder grip on my mother and I, but so do I. If I say no they will know I know something is wrong and I'll be unprotected. It'll be hard to leave Timotheé if I say yes because how many ties they have to everything, but if I don't let anybody touch our affairs it will be a chance open for myself but I'd have to have an alliance. He pulls out the ring box and a huge diamond ring sparkles in the light.

"Will you marry Y/n Y/l/n?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe?"