「Long distance」(Soft)

Days have been repeating like I'm stuck in a void

Days have been repeating like I'm stuck in a void. You go to class, study, eat, FaceTime Timotheé and after he hangs up; you cry yourself to sleep. You and Timotheé have been dating since senior year and you two are in sophomore year in college now. You two wanted to go to different college, so we technically put this on ourselves but it just hurts. You see couples all over campus all the time and you wish you could be that here with Timmy.

You daydream of you two going on dates at the cafe and having a picnics with each other on campus which make you even more sad, your roommate has been your calm down sister. She tells me to hang on because Timotheé is going through the same thing as me so I'm not alone in this. You wake up to your obnoxious alarm still tired from falling asleep on FaceTime with Timmy. You look down and his screen is black but his soft snores sound. Today is the day that marks that you two have been apart for two years now.

"Good morning Tim...I hope you have the best day and you eat well and take care of yourself and I love you so much and have a good day." You smile.

"You know I'm deaf when I first wake up." He groans and I chuckle at him.

"I love you Timotheé and have a good day today." You hold the phone to your face and smile.

"Oh I will- and I hope you do too." He says oddly

You jokingly roll your eyes and you two hang up. Instantly your world grows grey and you heart feels cold. You feel that feeling again that you always feel when you hang up...loneliness. Tears fall as you think about the conversations you two had last night. I miss him so much. You get up and grab your things to go take a shower in the shower hall.

You take your shower and put on ripped shorts. Tank top and a cardigan. You go back to your room and your roommate/n is still sleeping. You shake her awake and she groans "five more minutes please.". You put your sandals on while brushing your teeth. at 9:30 you gather your hair and things for class. Your second alarm rings and you slap your roommates butt so she isn't late to her chemistry class. You throw you backpack on your shoulders and grab you coffee canister.

This girl could sleep through a national explosion. You grab your skate board Timmy got you on your 19th birthday and your wallet to go get coffee.

"Bye I'm heading to class." You say walking out your shared dorm.

You go out of the dorm to see it's more cloudy than you thought. You sigh and throw you board on the ground and ride it to the cafeteria. When you get there it's sadly crowded. You walk in the long Starbucks line and already take your money out to get your favorite caffeinated drink. You phone dings and you see it's a song called "voicemail" sent from Spotify along with a paragraph from Timmy.

Dear Y/n today embarks the second year we've been long distance-ing and for most love falls apart at this time but I love how patient we have been for each other and trusting. They're days where I feel like I'm hurting you by making us do long distance but I know that we are going to love each second when we're together. I love you so much Y/n you don't even know goofball. Have a good day (and actually eat for breakfast and lunch than drinking coffee you addict. ) and this song reminds me of you so much (yeah ik simpin hard rn) XOXO.

You put you air pods in and listen to the song in full blush mode. The song made you think about the prom, when you two parted ways and holidays with each other, when you two got matching tattoos and your parents had a heart attack about it. You look down and see Timotheé's initials on your wrist. When the song ends,  you order your drink and leave.

You send him a meaningful message back and try to hold back your sad feelings because it should be celebrated that we've made it this far. You walk into class and go to your seat in the far middle. You take your laptop out and drink your coffee for the professor to arrive already. Your stomach growls and you sigh, I forgot to order food.

"Didn't I tell you to grab food- you're stubborn you know that." A familiar voice scolds you.

You almost drop your drink and turn around shocked to see Timotheé leaning over you.

"Baby?!" You set your drink down and climb over the chair and excitedly engulf him in a hug.

His scent and his body frame made you feel complete. I don't even wanna let go because I haven't seen him in four months now. He holds you tight and repeatedly kisses your face and explains how he was able to take time off to be able to see me for three days. He holds your face up to examine it and the sweetest smile appears on his face.

"Girl I love you so much." He chuckles.

He reaches back and it's your favorite breakfast from your hometown local restaurant in a warm lunch box. He hands it to you and he reaches over and grabs your things to sit with him during class. When things get settled he feeds you as you take notes. You know you two looked like a sappy couple, but they don't understand the story of it. As you took notes your head kept thinking about how you're going to spend every second with him reasonably.