Nanny pt.3

I blow my black tea and carefully take a sip

I blow my black tea and carefully take a sip. I hummed and set it down on the table. Okay, y/n, just coffee with Timotheé... what to talk about, Oakley...and um.

"So... what got you into being a nanny?" He nicely asks.

Thank God he is so charismatic, because I had no idea what to talk about.

"I have always been good with kids since I was seven, raising my brother while my mom or female guardian worked." I tell him.

"I used to play teacher, house, and cradle my baby dolls when I was little. I have always been a nurturing person, so when I moved to LA and started posting for jobs, I was hired like crazy."Timotheé sweetly smiles at me and takes a sip of his americano.

"What got you into acting?" I ask.

"Just like Oakley, I had a big imagination, and I used to act like I was a pirate, spaceman, or cowboy as a boy, but I took it seriously when I was ten, and I've matured my acting skills and still am." He chuckles in a humble manner.

I like how down-to-earth Timotheé is. Most of my clients hardly talk to me but trust me with their children. I may not know everything about Timotheé, but when I stay over, I don't feel uncomfortable because he is humble and understanding. His feelings may have been out of line last night, and I wouldn't be here had it been my other clients...I would be here if it were my other clients, right? I look up from my cup, and Timotheé tries to read my expression.

"Y/n, what's wrong? Did I say something? I'm sorry if I'm talking about myself too much." I cut him off.

"No, no, no, you're fine I just got stuck in my head. You're a wonderful actor, Timotheé," I awkwardly chat.

I look into his eyes, and I break eye contact with him to hide my burning face by glancing down for a second. His lips parted, and a grin grew on his face. He seems to notice my nerves. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I don't think it's very professional of me to be doing this.  Timotheé is very handsome, and I am taking advantage of having coffee with him, but shouldn't my main concern be Oakley?

"Am I making you nervous, Y/N?" He tilts his head to paste his eyes on mine like glue.

I break out a laugh I didn't intend to burst out loudly and sip my tea.

"No, why would I be?" I say between sips.

"Because we're on a date," he confirms.

"Stop teasing." I try to dismiss him, but all I have is hope that this was a date for him.

He leans back in his chair, chuckling at me. I knew he was just joking; he's probably testing how professional I am. I should change the subject back to Oakley then.

"How was the end of the school year for Oakley?" I ask.

"He's reading at a fourth grade level, and he excelled in science. What's your favorite dish?" He quickly and wittily asks.

I roll my eyes at the man and continue.

"Y/f/d, and that's really good. Does he have the option to move up a grade?"I laugh while joining in on the game he is playing.

Good god, this has to be a test, and the way things went last night, Timothee is in no shape to date anyone. Even if he feels some way about me, it's not right-... right? He hisses and grabs his chest, and goodness, the rings on this man's hands. I place my hands flatly underneath my thighs and tilt my head, examining Timothee.

"You don't have anything to ask about myself. Or is this date strictly business?"He sheepishly grins at me. "You never asked me if I wanted to go on a date with you in the first place, Timothee." I sigh, dragging his name. 

He chuckles and nods, saying, "fair point.". I clear my throat and take a sip of my tea.

"Well, how about this...Tonight we go to a nice restaurant as a date."