「So you're not a camp leader」

Dad/Guardian/n shakes me to my awakening and I try to go back to sleep, but he pulls my eyelids open

Dad/Guardian/n shakes me to my awakening and I try to go back to sleep, but he pulls my eyelids open. I groan at how sudden the brightness floods in my eyes. I get up and rub my eyes, when I open them and I'm shocked that there's nice cabins here. Maybe this isn't too bad.

He shakes his head and sighs and Y/b/n (brother) already jumps out the car with his things. I sigh and get out to get my stuff from the trunk, I really wanted to call Logan-my ex. We're not allowed to date anymore, but nobody really knows we still talk. I just hope Dad/guardian/n doesn't go meddling in my phone because he'll put me in daycare at that point. I check my reflection in the tinted window and fix my bangs. I wore a black shirt with overalls. I did look like a toned down artsy kid so I hope I can fit in. I grab my belongings, as Dad grabs our equipment and runs to catch up with Devin who's already at the check in table.

I, unbothered walk there to the stand with Dad/guardian/n and Y/b/n. A guy with a nice sculpted face and skinny body looks up at me. His brown, curly mixed with wavy hair is parted in the middle.

"Sorry camp leaders meet at cabin 4." He chuckles.

I feel my stomach turn into a knot on how embarrassing this is. I know my face is burning red and the fact that I'm about to embarrass myself in front of the cutest guy here it seems- fuck my life. Dad/g/n and Y/b/n snickers which makes the guy look up from his login book in confusion about what's going on. I feel my soul dragging the dread inside of me.

"She's a camper." Dad/g/n chuckles.

He looks down at the list and his eyes squint in surprise and slight judgement. He blinks up and he looks at me with a serious face. I hate how his whole demeanor changed, he doesn't even know my reason for being here. His tongue presses in the back of his mouth and makes a "huh" sound.

"You're Y/n?" He questions.

I nod. Wow he was just nice to me a second ago, what a asshole. I roll my eyes and huff.

"So She isn't a camp leader?"

Oh my gosh dude we just went through that!

"Okay! can you do you're job so I can go to my cabin?" I say annoyed at him.

He looks back down and points to the second cabin. I readjust my duffel bag on my shoulder and strut myself away from them.

"NO BYE !" Dad/g/n calls out.

"Bye!" I grit waving while walking.
-
I sit down with the girls at my bunk for dinner. Today we have chili hotdogs or berry salad. I look over at the camp leader table and the counselor is talking to them. Gosh that one guy is a jerk you thought. You start to dig into your food. Even after that hiccup you could still try to have a good time. This the last summer with y/b/n before you head off to college and you guys haven't been here in so long. I look up and that sign in guy walks up to our table.

"Hey welcome to camp Kikiwaka I'm Timotheé and I will be you're assigned camp leader this whole summer." He flashes a charming smile at the girls.

I roll my eyes and continue to eat. The girls smile and ask him to sit down with us. I feel his body sink right next to mine and he starts learning names. When I finally finish my food and get up to throw my food in the trash, and head back to the cabin. When I leave out of the food hall and door opens and closes behind me. I don't bother to look back because it could be a counselor trying to scold me from leaving without the bell dismissal.

"Hey Y/n wait!" A familiar voice calls out.

You spin around and see Timotheé trotting to you. His brown hair bounces and his lips are unintentionally parted. He's cute but- His body slaps on the ground from tripping on a rock. He groans but you can't hold back your laughter. You drop near him and asks if he's okay.

"I just wanted to apologize for this morning I was just let down because I thought you were a new cute girl who is a camp leader which would've meant I would've been able to spend more time with you." He says stiffly from knocking the wind out of himself.

"Oh you think I'm cute now?" You tease.

He chuckles softly and nods looking up at you.