1 Before the Beginning

Hello and welcome to my first story! I'll be honest I've never been very good with consistency but I'll try if people seem to enjoy this!!

This will be a X reader romance so please keep that in mind when reading!I have no idea where this will go I have no real plan but I am going to try my best really and I'd love your feedback!!Now that that's over with ENJOY!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The brunette boy sat in horror in the field speechless and terrified completely of what was before him. His home was burning, as was the rest of his town as far as he could tell he and the sobbing baby squirming in his arms were the only ones left standing and well. He was only brought back to reality when the baby sobbed louder. He looked to her and teared up and he hugged her close.

"I-it's just us now... they'we all gone" he had more tears only being six he didn't know what to do but after a bit of calming to the baby as best as he could he looked up again in horror to see the men who had even started it all headed back on horses to check for survivors. He panicked and he held the baby close running as fast as his skinny legs could take him and the terrified infant who wasn't even a year old.

It took nearly a day of travel with the child who had taken hours to even silence before the boy could see a remotely safe looking town. He stumbled into town as the sun was rising his legs shaking and his stomach growled as he felt even more weak. As the boy who carried the know relatively docile infant, he started to lose consciousness one of the farmers in town was stepping out to work. When he saw the exhausted boy, he was a bit surprised but seeing his form quake he quickly made his way to him as the boy tripped the man caught him and the baby.

"h-hey kid!" the man tried to keep him conscious but it was futile as the boy was out in moments and the baby girl started to cry softly, both dehydrated and slightly sunburned from being in the plains all day. It was a miracle that they were alive at all.

Time skip

When the boy woke he was in a warm bed, the blankets snug but as he opened his eyes fantasied of being home in bed diminished. He frowned and sad up jumping up as he heard his infant sister coo softly from somewhere other than beside him. The little one got off the bed and he went and opened the door in the small room and he was surprised to see the strange farmer with his sister and a warm meal on the table beside him. Soon enough the man noticed the boy staring and he gave him an awkward smile, his eyes soft and kind despite having such a broad stature seeming so intimidating if it hadn't been for his eyes.

"h-hello...." He said weakly to the man. The man just gently motioned he come sit and hesitantly his request was fallowed and the boy sat in front of the food and now on closer inspection he could see that there was glass bottle that had some milk obviously being used to feed his sister who was much calmer and happier having been fed, changed and taken care of.

"Hi...mind telling me your name...you can eat..." the man spoke slow and quiet as to not startle them. He was in his mid to late twenties a soft blue graced his eyes that stood out against his black hair and soft tanned skin that was littered with scars including one that went from above his left brow almost to his lip.

"I...I'm Wilbur...a-and her name i-is Y-Y/N" his soft voice said as he was trembling, but he finally started to eat and drink what he was given. It wasn't a five-course meal, but he loved it still after being so hungry and soon he had a clean plate and an empty glass. The man carefully gave him the baby and went to wash the dishes quickly before sitting again.

"mind telling me why the two of you were coming to my door half dead Wilbur?" the man asked softly and Wilbur teared up his soft brown eyes pooling with salty tears and the man panicked a bit but only tried to gently calm him

"T-they burned i-it -sniff- o-our home-" he choked up a bit "t-the knights f-from the k-kingdom came a-and burned it all! M-mommy told me to take y-Y/n and run...she said she w-would be back for us b-but she didn't come back!!"and after this Wilbur started sobbing. The man visibly felt hurt in his heart and he sighed then he took Y/n and held her in one arm, and he hugged the sobbing child close to comfort him with his free arm.

While the man knew nothing of the children who had arrived, he took them in, claiming them as his children and caring for them as if they were. Life was rocky at start but the three made the towns most proud family in town and not even a full year later a third child, Tommy, was left with them. Thomson worked the farms but was also one of the few potion makers and one hell of a fighter. As the children grew he started to teach them everything they could ever need to know from him to survive. He didn't plague their minds with fairy tales or anything of the sort, he told them the truth about their world and kept at least Wilbur updated as he prepared them for what everyone could feel coming.... The end of what peace they had.

(give me feedback please I'll finish with things like the the summary once im a bit further but I plan to try and update regularly)