16 daddy issues

Phil's eyes went wide and he sputtered a bit before he took a breath "I...I thought you had died...I could barely get myself out...I tried to help her but she was gone... it didn't hit me until after that I didn't have you by my side...I tried to go in but when I saw what was even left of the house I couldn't bring myself to go in...I knew I couldn't handle it if I were to...to find you or your sister...I couldn't even bring myself to bury her properly... I left and I just ran...as far as I could to try and get rid of how awful I felt...I started drinking...ended up with a halfbreed from the nether and she dropped Tommy off a day or two after...I wanted to keep him...start over but...she disappeared...and I couldn't bear to look at him...he reminded me of the children I had lost...so I wandered...looking for somewhere safe..ended up in logsted...I heard some people talking about a single father who was looking to expand his family...I thought nothing of it but when I heard Tommy cry I couldn't handle it again...so I left him....I..if I had known it was you guys there...I..I would have stayed and tried to see if I could take you and be a good father...I'm sorry...I know I wasn't there...and I can't just barge in...but please-" Phil had gently taken Wilburs hands but he pulled away.

"I...I'm sorry but now is a bit late...I don't think I...I don't think we can ok..." Wilbur said as he held his own hands.

Phil frowned but nodded a bit. "Yea ok...you...you don't have to tell them but..can you..tell me some things?" He asked softly.

"Uh...yea fine..." he said and he led Phil somewhere where they could sit and rest a bit.

"So...I noticed that they..and you don't have any wings? I thought you were at least growing them..." Phil said as he looked a bit worried

"Oh...um...well..mine did start to grow but...dad didn't know what to do..when he saw both of them had little wings as well he panicked...the king's men would whisper when they saw.. he got scared...they're still there but..they're..hidden but dad controls theirs" He said as rubbed his back a bit.

It hurt Phil to hear him call the other man dad but he understood. He nodded a bit "like..some kind of spell?" He asked softly

Wilbur nodded "yea..they don't even know any of us have wings...dad doesn't think they need to know...he worried Tommy and her would get hurt if they try anything.." he said softly

After that awkward bit they talked a bit on what had been going on with them, Phil really only shared that he'd been traveling for a while as he listened to all the stories of his children he wished he'd been present for. They would have talked all night but Wilbur had to get to work so Phil decided he'd take his leave and he hugged Wilbur goodbye then went to find the three he'd grown to love in a short time even if Tubbo wasn't his blood child like the other two.

They were in the square playing around like kids should as Tommy and tubbo chased each other around with a stick while y/n sat with Thompson and told him about all of the time she had spent gathering materials for Wilbur but as phil came over she looked up at the man a bit confused

"Uh...I hate to bother you all but I have to get going...I need to head home" he said a bit as he smiled at them and was a bit surprised as both of them got up.He was even more surprised when Thomson hugged him.

"Thank you so much for keeping my little trouble makers safe- consider yourself welcome at our table-" thomson said and let him go only for y/n to hug him tightly

"Can't you stay a bit Phil? You have to show us how you fly- you promised you would-" y/n said as she looked up at him happily.

He smiled softly "sorry y/n...I really can't stay but...if you ever need me at all here..." he handed her a small metal contraption, it looked like a communicator of sorts "even if I can't make it I have a friend who will handle things until I can make it back.." he smiled a bit at her.

She seemed in awe of it and she smiled up at him "thank you! Oh- wait- your hat-" she gently moved to take it off but he shook his head

"I have nearly a dozen more at home..you can keep it" he said and he patted her head gently  and pulled the hat over her face. He smiled a bit then went to hug the boys goodbye and he told them about the small metal contraption he had given y/n and he headed out a smile on his face but his heart ached again. Just as bad as the first time he lost them but almost worse. He just kept on moving.

The night was filled with celebrations and a signing of their official freedom. They went to bed all full and feeling safe as they were all crammed in the bed with Thomson except for Wilbur who was having Fundy look over L'manburg while he was to be gone for a bit since he didn't want to spend time with Thomson.

When the sun was just rising the next morning Thomson was already loading up a wagon to take his family home safe. He carried his sleepy children to the wagon and laid them inside as he and Wilbur were up to navigate. The townsfolk who were awake at the ungodly hour waved them off as they wished them safe travels and right as the sun was out finally Thomson and Wilbur were already headed out with the three dead asleep in back. Wilbur kept looking around almost as if he thought something or someone was going to appear at any time but as they traveled in silence he calmed down, they were hours away from the sweet little town.
(You know who you are XD)