4 blown out of proportion

They all moved into the van that night each of them terrified that if any of them went too far they'd be lost to the enemy. Wilbur looked over them and he had Fundy help put the beds together and he sat on the bed and he sat in the middle of the bed and to his left Y/n sat and then Fundy to his right. Tommy sat close with Y/n and then Tubbo next to him, Nikki smiled at them sadly and then went to sit with Fundy. Wilbur reached his arms out as if trying to keep them all close.

"Wilbur..." Y/n's soft voice broke the piercing silence "what are we going to do now?" she asked her e/c eyes filling with tears and she had to gently bite the inside of her lip to keep from crying and that absolutely broke Wilbur and shocked Tommy a bit.

While Wilbur and Y/n had been taken in by Thomson, Tommy had been left on his front doorstep as a baby on an especially chilly day in early fall sometime right after Wilbur's first birthday with Thomson. Even though they had no idea where he had come from or anything about him besides his name on some clothes he had on Thomson had kept him too and raised the three of them as siblings. Wilbur was the oldest, Tommy looked the youngest just barely leaving Y/n as the middle child to her two goofy brothers but the two were more similar to some kind of twins more then anyhting. Throughout all their years they were as close as you could get as siblings and even then neither of them could count more then ten times they had seen Y/n cry like this.

Tommy hugged her close as Wilbur sat there quietly thinking of the best answer and soon, he felt a small tug by Fundy who's eyes spoke for him asking the same thing Y/n had asked and Wilbur frowned, and he sat up and looked them over.

"I..I'll talk to Dream and see if we can negotiate....I can't have my family getting hurt anymore if I can help it.." he said and he gently held them closer. Nikki felt her heart squeeze as he referred to her as part of their family while Tubbo just smiled a bit used to the treatment having been taken in by Thomson as well when he was about 10 even though he still never was on record as the fourth sibling as he had been taken in when his father left him in their town to fend for himself, needless to say it was reassuring to be told every once in a while. Wilbur was met with a muffled squeak of a yes and a tiny nod. After that they all slept but the tense air over them didn't settle even in the morning.

As the sun rose the warm amber light covered them and Wilbur slowly woke and he was a bit surprised to see it was only him Fundy and Niki in the room and he got up carefully laid Fundy to rest his his head on a pillow then he got up properly and he dusted himself off and he went to find his three main troublemakers. He found them in Y/n's room busy making potions, well Y/n and Tubbo were while Tommy was really just their human timer to tell them when one was done. Wilbur smiled a bit as he looked over at them, they had at least seven brewing stands working and even more finished potions all nicely labeled and in their respective groups and even if the sun was just rising they looked awake and determined honestly as they spoke softly to one another as to not bother anyone else despite being in a different room altogether and a bit far away from where the others were sleeping.

When Tommy saw Wilbur from the corner of his eye he let out a shriek thinking he was someone else and in doing so scaring the life out of his companions who both seemed to be on the brink of death after the scare while Wilbur died laughing at the reaction he had received having not expected it at all.

"Wilbur you ass!!" Tommy shouted, and he got up to smack him to which Wilbur half hazardously put his arm up to take the blows as he tried to regain his breath. When Tommy stopped Wilbur managed to take a breath and stand up straight and he smiled at him to which Tommy glared at him playfully, but it didn't last long as Fundy soon ran in and he slammed the door open nearly taking Wilbur out.

"Dream and his men are at the gate! They've requested that you come meet them!" he said in a panic to which Wilbur went stoic but quite irritated and anxious as he nodded and went to leave.

"wait Wilbur-let us come along please! I wanna look that smug bastard in the...eye holes?" Tommy said as he stood and he gently pulled Y/n up who was surprised but only nodded in agreement, Wilbur never let her have any action or even let her anywhere near Dream having feared that Dream would take his only sister and the brightest of them in his opinion. Half the time he sent her away from L'manburg just to go on safe gathering trips. Wilbur went tense but he sighed and just nodded as he saw the determination in their eyes, he knew that he wouldn't be able to say no if they really pushed together.

Soon Wilbur walked with the two towards the gate and Tubbo was moving the potions somewhere safe with the help of Fundy and Niki. As they arrived Dream was stood proud and tall and he looked over to them and was surprised to see them all and while it couldn't be seen his eyes were trained on the woman, he hadn't heard of her since the previous day but in that moment he wasn't able to get a good look at her with his mask on. The more he looked at her the warmer he felt, and he was tempted to just stall and take in all of her new details, but he was snapped out his trance when he saw the deep bruises on her neck and he felt a bit.....odd even if it hadn't been his hands but he shook it off and looked to Wilbur "hello... I've heard you want to negotiate?"

Wilbur simply nodded calmly, and he tried to keep calm, but anger and fear spiked up in him and he gently pulled Tommy and Y/n behind him. Dream was a bit irked but simply shook his head as Wilbur stood taller "Now Dream...both of us have fought well wouldn't you say?" Wilbur said cautiously

Dream scoffed and shrugged "well we fought well...and you fought.." he said trying to get Wilbur worked up but to his dismay only Tommy and Y/n seemed even remotely upset and he hummed "listen I didn't come for small talk ill just give it to you plain and simple- you need to have white flags up tomorrow or we WILL blow this pathetic little place off the map and build right over" he sneered this time getting much more response to his liking as Wilbur scowled and he clenched his fist in anger while Tommy was having to be held back a bit by Y/n as to not lunge at Dream as he sputterer curses at him and Y/n looked scared, for the situation given and for Tommy's recklessness.

Wilbur took a deep breath his eyes trained on the holes in Dreams mask "really?! That's some new bullshit Dream" he spat making Y/n look over in worry and she now had one arm holding Tommy gently and then a hand trying to get Wil's attention, but she was simply shooed off after he slapped her hand off gently.

Dream smirked and pulled a single stick of TNT and he held it in his hand a bit lazy almost and he saw the terror n their eyes but Wilbur's melted off almost immediately seeing the singular stick but the two beside him preemptively took a step back as they went from one holding back the other to them hooking arms ready to sprint and drag Wilbur along with them like they used to do as kids when one of them mouthed off to the town bullies or when they got caught causing trouble.

"go ahead and light it you green fucker! One stick won't do shit" he hissed, Fundy Niki and Tubbo were walking up to make sure everything was alright and froze seeing the TNT. Dream didn't say anything, but he placed the TNT right at the gate making sure that it stood on its own then he got a flint and steel while the six backed up to be out of the range of the single sticks blast.

Once lit Wilbur's face dropped with realization "FUCKING RUN!!" he said to which his companions listened and as the first stick blew it activated a chain of explosions from below ground. Tommy had managed to stay in front as he had an iron grip on both Y/n and Tubbo and they were just ahead of the ground that was being blown and soon he kicked a fake bush up and revealed a trap door

"THIS WAY!! DOWN THE FUCKING HOLE NOW!!" Tommy shrieked and he pushed both of them down then he went down and Fundy dove in followed by Wilbur who had pulled Niki down as well and all of them landed in water having to swim to regular ground from the underground pond it seemed and while they were safe they could hear explosions still going off above them

(so sorry that it took so long to get another part out I went back to edit a lot of the first chapters! if you like this feel free to leave feedback but I'll be honest I write a bunch and I think I might just do a few updated throughout today)