10 could be worse really

Dream simply shrugged again and for the most part the rest of the hour-long ride was in silence. They arrived nearly at bedtime and Tommy was pulled away from them to be checked on and Dream led the other four to the dining room where there was a grand dinner prepared, he had really been ready for them as there was a place for them each. George, Sapnap and Dream sat in their places immediately leaving Tubbo and Y/n at the door stunned, they hadn't seen so much food for so little people before and quite frankly they hadn't ever eaten somewhere so nice.

Dream noticed the shock of the two and laughed softly "If you don't eat now the next meal isn't until tomorrow" he said and hesitantly they came and sat, dream was at the head of the enormous table his friends on either side of him then he had sat y/n and Tubbo across from each other with y/n beside Sapnap and Tubbo by George which was a bit awkward to the two newcomers.

The curtains of the extravagant dining room were drawn shut and the doors were closed tightly and seemed to be locked. As y/n noticed this she got a bit uncomfortable, her hands shaking a bit as she tried to eat her food it went unnoticed to Dreams companions but both Dream himself and Tubbo picked up on her slight trembling. Dream said nothing while Tubbo frowned a bit and gently tapped her foot with his own to get her attention, she looked up to see Tubbo with a goofy look on his face. It caught her off guard making her drop her utensils as she covered her mouth to quiet the laugh that snuck out.

The soft sound still drew attention, sapnap was surprised at the sound that escaped her and he looked to george who shrugged before looking to tubbo who seemed a bit pleased that he had taken the look of fear from her face and he ha a small smile as he just smiled at Y/n too nervous himself to look at the others.

Ater that they seemed to go back to dinner as y/n and tubbo ate their fill occasionally looking at one another and they looked like they were able to speak telepathically almost as they communicated with small motions here and there and with some of the faces they made.

"So...." dream who hadn't eaten a bite or moved at all really since sitting broke the silence "why don't we get to know each other since we'll be here for a while...introduce ourselves and be pleasant?" he said as he watched the two farthest from him get a bit nervous.

"W-well... My name is Tubbo..." he said meekly not wanting to dwell on this subject much longer but the looks he got from the three villains made him anxious

"Tell us more...what do you like....where you're from...family" Dream said and Tubbos hands got a bit clammy as he looked at them then to y/n who gave the tiniest shake of her head. They wouldn't live it down if they spilled the beans now, Wilbur might even kill them.

"Oh um... I like bees....and I like to play piano, I'm from a town a bit away from L'manburg and I'm an only child. Dad left me in L'manburg so It's my home" it was mostly true but it was vague and a bit misleading on purpose as it was a cover story wilbur had given them.

"Mm thats neat....why do you reek of poorly cast magic?" the question caught them way off guard as y/n choked a but on her drink and tubbos face lost all color

"I...how..." he looked horrifies as he looked to dream where he sat triumphantly

"Well when your surrounded by it all day it's not hard" he said as he swirled his drink a bit "by your reactions i'll assume you've known" he said towards the women who was wiping her mouth from the drink she had nearly choked on completely and she nodded slowly

"It..its simply a bit of transfiguration.... I use it to cover up some stuff" he said and he looked to his plate a bit almost in shame as he fiddled with his shirt.

"Like what?" dream didn;t seem to care that he was uncomfortable "go ahead and show us...nobody can peep in at you if your sensitive and we've all got scars" he shrugged and received a small glare from Y/n and surprisingly Sapnap