28 hear me out please

"Dreams trying to marry you...took us all by surprise but he wants to form an alliance with L'manburg...though it really made your dad and Wilbur mad..."

Her face dropped and she looked horrified as she unconsciously held onto him as she tried to process it.

George couldn't help but feel his face flush as her smaller hands held onto him. He hummed softly as he saw her reaction overall though.

The music cue went and he gently removed her hands "you owe me for keeping your little secret..." he said softly as he passed her on.

She went through the next few stranger quietly but finally she was met with a familiar face.

"Sapnap- he-he's- did you- ohhh god" she held onto him and she burried her face in his chest surprising him.

"Hey hey what's wrong...c'mon you need a break-" he stopped dancing and carefully pulled her away from the circle. He gently managed to take her outside, it hadn't felt like that long but it was about mid day though it was a bit cloudy.

"Sapnap- I- George recognized me- a-and he said that Dream was mad at dad- then I asked why and he said that Dream wants to MaRrY me for L'manburg but still-" she seemed so scared as she held onto him so tightly.

"Hey it's ok- you don't need to freak out so much- listen..George was telling the truth- your dad told me what happened but he said not to scare you...he was going to tell you in L'manburg..but it's ok- George doesn't want Dream to marry you either...it's gonna be ok trust me..." he said as he held her close his chin on her head as he rubbed her back. He could feel her arms wrapped around him tightly and her soft trembling and he rubbed her back  she tried to calm her.

Both of them were unaware of the different sets of ears listening in on their conversation.

"Why don't we give dad and Skeppy our present then we go back to the house, pack up and leave? We can go back home.." he said as he carefully took her face in his hands, his hands feeling so in place as he rubbed her cheeks with his thumbs. This wasn't how he had pictured it all but this was so perfect to him, she was so wholeheartedly trusting in him and depending on him.

She nodded as she found comfortable with his warm hands. When he was sure she wouldn't panic he led her inside and they got their present giving it to them. They were given the photos before saying quick goodbyes to them and then they headed out, though as Sapnap held her hand trying to head out his name was called. He went tense turning to where he had heard it.

Dream was making his way through some people as he headed to him and managed to get to them before Sapnap could usher her off as they stood there a bit frozen.

"Heyyy...Sapnap..." Dream said his voice dropping as he realized he was with someone.

"Dreaaam- how's it going?" He squeaked out terror filling his entire being.

"Sapnap...is this one of your...new friends?" He said as he gently started to clench his fists.

By now y/n was hiding behind Sapnap partially out of just fear the other part of not wanting to be recognized.

"Y-yea- I need to get home- her home yes- goodbye-" he said and he quickly tried to pull her out the door but to his dismay Dream followed and grabbed sapnaps arm once the door closed behind him.

"What the hell man- slow it down- what's the big rush?" He said as he pulled him a bit harder.

"Dream please- we need to go- you're scaring her anyway-" Sapnap said, trying to pull away.

"No way- your being a bit of a dick right now- I think you should come back-"

"I don't think we will" her voice surprised both of them herself most of all. She was absolutely terrified but she managed to peek around