17 sad bird

When the teens woke up in the back they were pleased to be somewhere familiar, the old wagon they had used to travel with for as long as they had been able to travel, small rounded chips in the wood where Tommy used to take small bottle caps and jam them in, some of the wood stained from dropping food or drinks on bad bumps or sharp turns a small change in color where there was a secret compartment they had made  to hide things and store any valuables.

They stopped at a town on their way and got  out to eat. Thomson had the teens stay in as he and Wilbur tied the wagon and horses up then they went to get some food. The town was farther from the kingdom so it was unlikely that they had heard of the king's tantrum but Thomson was too cautious to even think of risking it.

Tubbo found a book he had left in the wagon and seemed pleased reading it as y/n peeked over his shoulder at the pictures on some of the pages but Tommy was a bit antsy, he hadn't been able to stretch out and he was starting to feel a bit cramped.

"Let's hop out- my knees ache" he said as he made his way to the back to get out but he was gently pulled by the hand

"Let's not- dad said to stay inside-" Y/n said softly

"He won't mind- it's just to stretch out then we'll be back inside quicker then they can even call for us" he pulled his hand from hers and he opened the back of the wagon and he carefully slid out and then he offered a hand to the both of them to help them out. Tubbo hopped out his legs starting to cramp as well and y/n eventually gave in and took his hand as she hopped out. The three took a bit to stretch out and regain feelings in their legs and hips. It was a pleasant day and there was even a soft breeze as they sat out for a bit just letting the wagon air out.

They had just finished stretching out when a voice nearly scared them out of their skin.

"The hell are you doing out of the wagon?" Wilbur glared at them a bit as he walked over with some bags.

"We needed to stretch, don't worry! Nobody's seen us"  Tommy said as he ushered the other two to get in. He smiled a bit nervously.

"Whatever- hurry up though- dad saw your faces on a poster in the shop we have to get going-" he said as he handed them the bag, inside was some food and other items that were for Thomson.

He actually ended up getting in with them and he closed the back up so nobody could see inside. Soon enough Thomson got the horses situated and he was headed home and he finally peeked behind him at the teens who were busy chowing down. He smiled a bit as he sighed softly. His hands gently tightened on the horses reigns as he thought over everything, they had been to war, his children that he valued more than his own life, he Couldn't have stopped Wilbur if he had tried but he had only agreed to leave the other three to help out with fundy who he had been furious about at the time. He sighed softly as he shook his thoughts, he had his children now and he wasn't going to make the same mistake of letting them in harms way like that. He gently snapped the reigns to get the horses to pick up the pace so they could get home sooner.

By the time they actually made it home it was nearly midnight, they hadn't run into any more problems throughout the day and they decided to just avoid towns anymore. Wilbur, Thomson and Tubbo were the only ones awake as they unloaded the wagon and had to wake the other two to get them into their home, the same little home Wilbur had stumbled to oh so long ago. They could never get tired of the home no matter how small it felt or how many times they had seen its mossy stone base or the worn logs that kept them warm throughout the year.

Thomson took his sleepy teens to the bedroom the four had shared as long as they had all been there. There was two bunk beds but really only two of the beds got much use, Thomson gently tucked Tommy and y/n into one of the beds and was about to leave when tubbo poked his head in. He smiled and picked up the horned teen gently, headbutting him before tucking him in with the others.

He smiled as he gave them each a gentle kiss to the forehead before he went to his own bed. Wilbur though sat at the table his head in his hands. Almost sixteen years of missing his birth father and the first conversation he pushed him away, but being home he felt his guilt melt away and his eyes felt heavy. He went to the bedroom and smiled at the three, he was going to his own bed but he couldn't help himself as he managed to squeeze onto the bed with them. He hadn't felt this safe in a while and for the first time in nearly a year he managed to pass out almost immediately. They were home, where it was safe...

While the happy family of five was able to sleep soundly another father sat awake in his home as he sat before his fire, a melancholy look on his face as the dying fire gave barely any light letting the room get darker by the second. So caught up in his thoughts he didn't hear the front doors open or even feel the icy air hit his back.

"Phil? When did you get home?.....Phil?" A rather monotone voice finally broke through to him as he turned to look at the speaker.

"Oh...I...I don't know when..." he mumbled a cloudy look in his eyes. "Say...did you just get back from a long day Techno?" Phil said and he looked back to the now dead fire.

Techos face contorted to a look of worry as he removed his armor and bags. He then carefully sat beside the winged man. "Phil?" He said softly to his friend.

"I...I...they're alive techno...all three of them... my oldest has gotten so tall...he doesn't have the happy look I remember...but the other two...they look just how I used to imagine...The little baby boy is a photo copy of me...he was so energetic..and my daughter...god she was the spitting image of her mother...just as tall too... the two younger are just a tad younger than you..." Phil said as he finally laid out on the ground his wings stretching as far as they could.

"I...I know...where are they now?" Techno looked to him a bit as he sat still.

"With...with their father...it's a miracle that they're together...but they are...they looked so happy to see him when I helped them home...but..My oldest ...he.." Phil's face shifted to a more pained one.

"What did he do?" Techno was getting more and more concerned

"He was the only one to recognize me..rightfully so...but.. he pleaded that I hide my relation to them... I find them and I'm forced to leave them- I-I...I don't know what to do"

Techno frowned but gently patted his shoulder "I'm sorry... if you want we can go back... I doubt they'd react badly... I mean...do you think they even know about any of it?"

Phil just shrugged and sighed as he covered his face a bit and he closed his eyes.
(Caw caw))