Chpater 16

I sat at one of the comfy couches near the window, watching as the skaters practice. Nam came out, taking off his skating guards as he glided on the ice. He saw me and came towards the window. He started doing funny faces as one of the coaches came up behind him, smacking the back of his head. He crouched down in pain as his coach said sorry to me. I couldn't hear them but I knew that Nam was groaning in pain.

'The kid's gonna have a brain damage.'

I smiled as they left me alone. I called my mom earlier, telling her that I was at the café. She told me she'll be waiting in the car. I continued to watch the skaters to let time pass by. I saw Javi jump so high and turned so fast, but he fell on his butt.

'Ouch.'

He shook his head and got up, looking as if he's thinking really hard about what he should do. I saw his coach talking to him, moving in a way to show him how to do it better. He nodded and skated away, trying it again. I looked away and fished out my phone from my purse. I reread what I'll say for the interview, making sure I don't look stupid. I popped a mint in my mouth, before looking at the window again. Javi jumped and landed it perfectly. I clapped and jumped in my seat as I was amazed at what he did.

'Figure skaters, wow.'

I noticed that the coaches left the rink, meaning that they're probably done with Javi's training. I straightened my clothes, fixed my hair and checked my makeup if there are any smudges. As soon as I closed my compact mirror, the coaches came and greeted me.

"Hello, you must be Natsuna. I'm Tracy, and this is Brian. We're the coaches." The lady said as she pointed at the man behind her, also giving out her hand for me to shake.

"Hello, my name is Suzuki Natsuna." I said as I shook both of their hands.

They both smiled as we took our seats.

"So tell us about yourself."

'Shit, here goes nothing.'

"My name is Suzuki Natsuna, from Sendai, Japan. I'm 17 years old and I graduated from Tohoku High School. I'm enrolled at the Waseda University, taking International Liberal Studies as my course. This is my first time doing a part-time job, but I'm willing to learn as I grow. I'm here to experience new things, also applying the things with my previous experiences." I said, trying to make my voice stable.

"Such as what? What were your experiences?" Brian asked.

"My mom used to be the principal of my high school, so I sometimes helped her with her paperwork. I also helped with the school accountant with the budgeting for the school." I said, remembering those times in Japan.

I suddenly felt nostalgic, memories coming in from every directions, making me dizzy.

"Seems like you're a very well-rounded person." Tracy said with an impressed look.

I smiled, thanking her for the compliment.

"Are you new in Toronto?" Brian asked.

"Me and my mom moved in last week." I said.

They both opened their mouth, gesturing that they understood.

"You seem like a good fit for the team but there's a bit of lack in experience. We'll talk about this privately." Brian said, as he pointed to Tracy.

I nodded, understanding that my experience wasn't enough to become an assistant.

"Thank you, Natsuna. We hope you get this job." Tracy said.