Chapter 40

We both breathed heavily as we laid on the bed, tired.

"How...How is your...wound?" Yuzuru breathed, catching his breath.

I gave out a thumbs up, saying that it was fine.

"How about...your lungs?" I asked back.

He also gave out a thumbs up meaning that he was fine as well.

Once I was breathing normally, I gave out a big sigh and stood up slowly, careful not to open the wound.

"I can't believe we had a pillow fight..." I said chuckling at the mess we made.

"Yeah, and I won." Yuzuru said with a cocky smile.

I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder.

"Sure, you did." I said shaking my head side to side.

He laughed with me. We were both bickering and laughing until a knock on the door was heard.

"Is the others coming today?" I asked Yuzuru.

"Hmm...I didn't tell them I'll be here since it is my day off and I wanted to spend the day here with you..." He said as he was thinking.

I blushed at the last thing he said and looked away.

'How is this guy so flirty without even doing anything.'

"Yeah, I don't know actually." He said shrugging.

I facepalmed myself and got up to open the door. Yuzuru stood up as well, pushing me back down on the bed and told me to stay.

"I'll open it." He said, smiling.

'Doki doki...'

He went over the door and opened it revealing some unexpected people.

"Hello, we are looking for Ms. Natsuna Suzuki." A lady in a suit said as she showed a badge to Yuzuru.

Yuzuru looked at me as I nodded, indicating to let them in. He moved aside and opened the door wider for the two people. Two females, both wearing suits.

"Hello, you must be Ms. Natsuna Suzuki, daughter of Aya Suzuki, correct?" The woman said, her face not moving an inch as she spoke.

Her voice petite yet cold. She sounded like a robot in a way. She was wearing some old fashion spectacles that matched her dark skin tone. Her posture straight and alert. She reminded me of a Doberman, really getting the police character on point.

I gulped and nodded.

"I am from the Metropolitan Toronto Police Headquarters, you can call me Liz or, by my last name, Friedman." The lady said as she took out her hand to be shaken along with her badge on the other hand.

I shook her hand as I stared at her in bewilderment. I noticed Yuzuru leaning his back against the wall looking at me. He was staring but looked away once I locked eyes with him.

"And this is Mary Sue, she is from Children's Aid Society." Liz said as she pointed towards the lady next to her.

The female called Mary waved and smiled.

I bowed my head out of respect and culture.

"You must know why we are here, correct?" Mary asked with her sweet calming voice, the complete opposite of the other lady.

I nodded, looking down at my hands.

I didn't know what to do. Should I tell them that my mom is a bad person? I don't think she is. She isn't, right? But at the same time, the reason why I'm like this is mostly her existence.