Chapter 36

A week has passed since the incident between me and Yuzuru. He came back for training and became a demon on ice once again. I avoided him at all cost, cursing at myself for making that mistake. He probably noticed it but didn't do anything which made me feel at ease.

I was printing some papers, still thinking on how to avoid the male. I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice a shadow hovering me. I look behind to see who it was and to my very bad luck, Yuzuru.

"H-hey...?" I stuttered, avoiding his piercing gaze.

He hummed as he stood beside me, not uttering a word. It made me uncomfortable. I cursed under my breath as I prayed for the printing to be finished.

He kept staring at me as I tried to ignore the male. I have never been so sweaty from the stress this man is giving me.

"Are you okay?" He asked as his face was close to mine.

I jumped, almost hitting his face, but thankfully it didn't as he stepped away in reflex.

"Yeah! I'm fine! You know, maybe you should go for practice! Like whoosh! Wham! BOOM- You know what, I should stop..." I covered my face from embarrassment.

He tried not to laugh as he covered his mouth. He looked away, trying to compose himself as he cleared his throat.

I heard the beeping sound indicating the papers were finished. I quickly took them and faced him.

"Uhh...I was thinking if you wanted to go ou-" Yuzuru started but I quickly cut him off as I was in a hurry.

'A hurry to avoid him.'

"Sorry, Yuzuru-san, but I have to go. See you!" I said running away before he said anything.

————————————————————————————————

I panted heavily as I placed my hand on the wall for support. I took another deep breath before standing up properly. I was in front of the coaches office, knocking on the door before entering. I heard Brian saying to come in and I did. He was sitting on his desk while the other two were empty as Tracy and Ghislain were training the skaters on the ice.

"Natsuna, what brings you here?" He asked as he was flipping through documents.

"I have the invoice of all the installment that we had from last week." I said as I showed him the papers in my hand.

The coaches installed new speakers for the rink as per requested by Yuzuru. He said that the sound quality wasn't the best. Of course, I doubt that the other skaters actually noticed but Brian agreed as the speakers were quite old. 

Brian took the papers and thanked me. He signed it as he brought out a check and finished everything so he could send it to the bank and pay for everything. He gave me back the papers to keep for future purposes. I stood there silently as he sat back down. After a few moments he noticed that I was still there.

"Is there anything else you need, Natsuna?" He asked as he, again, went  over some documents.

I've been wanting to talk to him about this job whether it's permanent. Since the semester will start soon, I'm thinking of focusing on my studies. 

And also because of Yuzuru. I'm here in Canada to restart my life from Japan, and now I'm his coach's assistant. The complete opposite of what I need. Just last week he kissed me and I can't believe that I didn't push him away. After we pulled away from each other that night, we just pretended that it didn't happen and continued walking in silence. 

'Awkward, I know.'

I don't want to go through that hell again, especially when my mom is turning to her old self. But at the same time, I don't want to leave. This place has taught me a lot and was one of the biggest reasons that helped me with my condition.

'Even though it's not the best but still..."

I have to ask Brian

I took a deep breath and mustered up the courage to tell Brian.

"Uhh...coach? I'm in my first-year of university and the semester will start by next week, and I'm thinking that I should focus on my studies, especially if all online classes will be held everyday." I said as I couldn't look at him in the eye.

I heard him hum as he placed his papers on his table, giving his full attention to me. I continued.

"I'm very thankful that you gave me this job but I'm not sure whether I could stay permanently." I quietly said.

It went quiet after that. I looked up and noticed that Brian was deep in thought.

"Coach?" I asked but he suddenly opened his laptop and started typing.

"Which University do you go to?" He asked.

"Uhh...W-Waseda?" I said in confusion as he kept on typing.

"Are you sure you want to leave or are you just worried that you might be behind classes?" He asked.

I kept quiet as I didn't know what to say.

"Or is it your mom? We really need you here. Noah is an 'okay' fit but I don't think our skaters like him more than you." He asked as he looked up from his laptop.

I quickly shook my head side to side, clearing up the misunderstanding.

"No, my mom has nothing to do with it." I said.

"I don't want to leave. This place helped me a lot even if I was just here for a month." I smiled as I remember all the things that I did with the club.

"Well, happy to hear that. I might do something about this problem, and I think it will be solved." He said, still typing in his laptop.

I widened my eyes at his words. I didn't know what to feel. I felt happy that I was going to be staying but I also felt anxious to the point I might throw up in front of him which won't be pleasant.

"H-how?" I asked in disbelief.

"You said Waseda? We have Waseda!" He said with glee.

I tilted my head in confusion, waiting for him to explain 

"Yuzuru." He stated.

I, again, tilted my head in confusion. He chuckled.

"How old is our Yuzu?" He asked as he typed on his laptop with a smile.

I walked around as I thought for a moment.

"18..." I muttered.

I snapped my head at Brian as my face probably looked like that a ghost was right in front of me.

"Don't tell me-" I pointed out.

"You guys are classmates!" He said with a signature jazz hands.