Chapter 34

I woke up feeling like shit. I could barely open my eyes since they were puffy from crying all night.

"And here I thought that she changed..." I laughed at the thought.

I searched for my phone and remembered that I threw it, finding it on the floor, in pieces.

'Did I threw it too hard?'

I came down from my bed and picked up the pieces, placing them on my desk. I went downstairs to get some breakfast. I look at the clock that was hanging on the wall.

'9:54am'

I realized that I have woken up late. I shrugged and continued walking downstairs. I went into the kitchen and saw my mom drinking water. Her clothes disheveled, her hair like a nest and bruises all over her neck. I don't think they were bruises.

I walked past her and got myself a glass of water.

"Are you not going to greet me? Ask me what happened?" She snapped as she threw the glass on the floor.

I didn't flinch. It was the same old lady that ruined everything in Japan. It wasn't surprising.

I sighed and looked at her, bored.

"What happened?" I asked, not really caring.

She scoffed. She walked towards me with anger written all over her face.

"You bitch. You think you can talk back to me like that?" She gritted her teeth as her eyes became wide.

"Why are you getting mad?" I asked, confused why she's becoming aggressive.

She rolled her eyes and went to her room, slamming the door shut as it echoed around the house.

"What the fuck...?" I muttered.

I shook my head in bewilderment as I prepared myself some breakfast. I ate and thought about how my mom has been acting for the past week. First, she isn't picking her phone up. Next, I got sick and she wasn't there to take care of me.

'Not like it's something new.'

Yesterday, she's been sleeping with people. Now, she's getting angry as if she's a moody teenager. I don't even know who's the teen here at this point.

I sighed as I washed the dish before putting it back at the cupboard. I looked at the time and noticed that half an hour has passed. I quickly went upstairs and changed. Since I forgot my bike at the rink, I'll probably take a cab today. I wore the same type of outfit, hoodie and a pair of leggings with trainers. I packed my bag with notebooks and my laptop along with other things as well.

I went downstairs and got out of the house. I noticed that my mom's shoes weren't there anymore. I sighed as I ignored the scene from earlier. I saw a taxi coming my way and quickly called for it. I got in, told the location and left the area.

—————————————————————————————————————

I arrived at the rink and met Tracy along the way.

"Oh! Good morning, Natsuna." She greeted.

"Good morning, coach. Is there no training in the morning today?" I asked.

"No. The rink is under construction today. Didn't you see my message?" She asked.

'Oh...'

"Sorry. My phone fell so its broken now." I said, scratching the back of my head.

She nodded understanding.