Chapter 27

It was 7 in the morning, as I blew my stuffy nose into the tissue. Sleeping outside wasn't really a good choice. Never was. Especially when you don't have a blanket covering you from the breeze.

I sneezed loudly, that it echoed around the house. I felt light-headed but still decided to go to work. I ate my breakfast and went upstairs to my room. I got dressed, a hoodie and a pair of leggings, with my backpack on my back. I packed some tissues and a few pain relievers to ease my headaches. I left the house, making sure I locked all the doors to be safe. I called my mom before leaving but she didn't answer.

'Where is she?'

I shrugged but was still worried where my mom was. I hopped on the bicycle and left the gates of our house. I memorized the way to the club so I didn't need the gps.

I reached the rink, and sneezed. I got annoyed as I blew my nose on the tissue. I threw the tissue away and went inside the rink. The cold air brushed my skin as I shuddered violently. My head started spinning making my stomach twist. My knees shook as I couldn't move an inch from where I was standing. I noticed someone going near me, making me look up. I saw Brian coming up to me and called out my name. His voice was blurred making me confused. He placed his hand on my forehead making him shocked. He said something but I couldn't make out what he said. I closed my eyes for a moment to ease the pain from my head. I opened my eyes and saw Tracy and Yuzuru next to me as Brian was talking to them. I tried straightening my posture, pretending that I was fine until a sharp pain strikes my head making me stumble. I felt someone pick me up, making my head fall onto the person's chest. I heard their fast heartbeats, those same ones that I heard from yesterday's incident. I looked up one last time before shutting down.

"Yuzuru..."

————————————————————————————

I woke up laying in bed, as the light shined brightly, making me squint. I groaned and got up but regretting it immediately making me groan in pain. A nurse came in, rushing towards me, placing me back to the bed.

"Sweetheart, rest up. Don't push yourself! You're sick." She said tucking me in.

She removed the wet towel on my forehead and replaced it with a new one. She checked my temperature and sighed in relief.

"Good. You're temperature is lower than earlier but it's still high. Do you have a guardian that can pick you up?" She asked, looking at me worriedly.

I nodded and asked for my phone. She gave it to me as I dialed my mom's phone number. She left me alone for some privacy. It rang as I waited for her answer. She didn't pick up as I sighed.

'Where is she?'

I place my phone to the table beside me and laid back down. After a few minutes, the nurse came back with some medicine.

"Did they answer?" She asked.

I shook my head and sat up so I can take the medicine. I thanked her and drank it. She patted my shoulder and smiled.

"Take care of yourself, alright? You teenagers...Yuzuru, Javier, Nam, now you! Take care of yourselves." She scolded.

I laughed at her words, as I scratched the back of my head, feeling bad. She sighed and shook her head.

"Should I call a taxi for you?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"It's alright, ma'am. I'll go home myself." I smiled, still feeling weak.

"Dear, no. I'll ask one of the skaters if they could accompany you..." She said as she was about to get up.

"Ma'am, It's okay!" I shouted frantically.

She halted and sighed one more time. She sat back down at the chair next to me.

"I'll call my mother one more time..." I muttered.

She nodded and left me alone for some privacy. I dialed my mom's phone number once again. She picked up.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hi mom..." I answered weakly.

"What happened, Natsuna?" She asked, worry visible in her voice.

"I'm at the clinic in the rink...I'm sick." I said chuckling and sniffing.

She sighed.

"Natsuna, what happened yesterday? Did you eat something? Did you do anything funny?" She asked, almost screaming making me pull away from the phone.

"Mom, I didn't do anything at the hangout. I slept outside in the balcony when I came home..." I said.

"What!? Why would you do that?" She screamed, making me pull away again.

"I don't know..." I shrugged even though she wouldn't see.

She sighed and took a deep breath.

"I'm not going home tonight, I'm doing some errands." She said coldly.

'Haven't heard that in a while...'

"What kind of errands, mom?" I asked, feeling curious.

"Focus on yourself, Natsuna. Go home with Yuzuru. I'll talk to you later, bye." She hung up.

The beeping sound echoed. I closed my phone shut. I sighed and laid back down. The nurse came back with her eyebrow up.

"So? What did your mom say?" She said, crossing her arms.

I shrugged. She sighed and left.

"I'll get someone to go home with you."

Before I protested she already left the room. I sighed once again and looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall.

'5:45pm'

"Already...?" I muttered.

'I came in around 9 in the morning and woke up now?'

My head suddenly was greeted with a sharp pain, making me wince. I laid back down, shuddering and tried to brushed it off. I covered myself in the blanket and tried to warm myself up. I sneezed while rubbing my hand together for some warmth. I heard someone opened the door.

"Nurse?" I called out.

No one answered. I peaked over to see who it was and saw Yuzuru.

"Hell no..." I muttered, hiding under the covers.

"Natsuna." He called out.

I didn't show myself and continued hiding. He got annoyed, taking the covers off. I shuddered and curled myself into a ball. I closed my eyes from how cold it was. After a few moments, he placed the covers back, tucking me in while at it. I calmed down. He placed his hands on top of my forehead, making me look at him.

"You're so careless..." He muttered.

I looked away from him.

"My training will finish in an hour, can you wait for me?" He asked, caressing my hair.

"I can go home by mysel-" I fought back but he cut me off.

"Can you wait for me, Natsuna?" He asked again.

I kept quiet and nodded. He rubbed my hair and smiled. He left after that, closing the door behind him.

He confuses me. Sometimes he's bored, and sometimes he's flirty, then he'll be angry, then he'll make you crazy. It hurts my head and my heart. I want him to stop, but he can't seem to. I don't want him to stop, but he's hurting you. I want him to stop. I shook my burning head and tried to forget it. I fell into slumber right after that.

'Yuzuru, please don't stop...'