Chapter 42

Currently, I'm moving my stuff from the old house to my new apartment that was a few blocks away from the club. It was a one bedroom hall that had it's own kitchen and bathroom. I'm finally going to live by myself.

After the hearing, the judge concluded that I will not be under my mom's supervision and that I will be adopted or be taken as a foster child since I'm only 17. My mom obviously refused but her persistence didn't get her anywhere. In fact, it just made things worse. My mom said some pretty mean things that offended, not only the judge, but the people around her as well.

Heck, even her own lawyer got offended.

The judge had concluded that my mom could never see me, and not only that, could not step foot in this country again. Her face became colorless. Her mouth wide, almost dropping on the floor. After a few moments of thinking, she started screaming, startling all of us. The officers had to restrain her as she was already harassing the judge. Right before she left, she screamed at the top of her lungs, cursing my existence. She said it in Japanese so only me and Yumi-san heard it.

And it somehow made it scarier than she already was.

Back to the present, I shook my head as I escaped from zoning out and continued packing my stuff. My bed frames and everything else in my room wouldn't fit inside the new apartment so I only had to bring my clothes, books and et cetera.

Right when I was about to seal the box with tape, I heard a knock on my door, making me look at the direction. I saw Yuzuru smiling at me as I also smiled back.

"Need any help?" He asked as he came closer.

I shook my head, saying that I was fine.

"Nope! I'm good." I breathed out, finishing off the last box.

I stood up and stretch my arms and back from crouching. He suddenly picked up the box, taking me off-guard as I let him pass. I thanked him as he walked out of the door. I guided him towards the stairs as we began to slowly step down.

As we were going down, Yuzuru decided to open a conversation.

"So..." He started.

"So..." I copied him.

"Hey! Don't copy me." He sulked, still looking at where he was stepping.

I rolled my eyes and continued to help him.

"Now that you are kind of my..." He cleared his throat before looking away from me.

"Your?" I waited for him to finish, teasing him a bit.

"Oh you know!" He said as his ears turned red.

"Are you embarrassed about it?" I asked still teasing him with a smirk.

"N-no!" He answered, almost dropping the box.

Our eyes went wide and our reflexes turned on. We both got the box in time and sighed out of relief.

"Let's talk after we get down the stairs." I said as he agreed, nodding his head.

We eventually got down and placed the box on the floor with the other boxes. We then stretched our backs and arms from carrying the heavy object.

"You have a lot of clothes..." He muttered.

I shrugged.

"I'll get some water." I said as I left him there.

The others are here too, helping me with moving. Nam and Javi, coincidentally, were off and decided to help. Yumi-san was getting my mom's stuff. I glanced at Yumi-san as she had a pained expression on her face as she folded my mom's clothes. I didn't want to bother her so I just placed a water bottle next to her. She noticed and thanked me then continued to fold the clothes.