Chapter 19

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, echoing around the room. I stretched and turned off the alarm. I opened my phone, still seeing that message that Yuzuru left.

'It wasn't a dream...'

I closed my phone, ignoring the fact that he found my account. I got up and went to change my clothes. She said to wear something comfortable, so I chose a pair of black leggings, with a black shirt along with a hoodie so I won't be freezing. I grabbed a backpack, filled it with two notebooks, a couple of pens and an extra shirt, just in case the coaches wants me to write something down. I also brought my laptop. I tied my hair up in a ponytail and went downstairs.

I ate my breakfast that my mom prepared for me. I told my mom that she didn't have to drop me off the rink as I can ride the bike that I brought from Japan. She was skeptical but nodded, feeling that I'll be okay. I kissed my mom's cheek, then went to put my trainers on. I went out with my bag, unlocking the chains around my bike, hopping on and started peddling. I had my gps on my phone, following it as I cycled. I breathed in the fresh air of Canada, feeling peaceful with this environment. It felt foreign yet very comfortable, not a single hint of uncertainty. Until the thought of the boy that ran away, came into my mind.

———————————————————————————————————

I arrived at the centre, locking the chains of my bike, making sure it was secure before going inside. I went inside, seeing a lot of people swimming, running, and cycling this early. I have a good sense of directions, so I didn't get lost on the way to the rink. As I opened the door, the rink was empty. I got confused, and searched until I heard my name being called.

"Natsuna! Over here!" Tracy called.

I looked towards her and ran. As soon as I reached her, she engulfed me in a big hug, making me surprised.

"Good morning, the kiddos aren't here yet, they're coming at 10. I wanted to show you where your office was." Tracy said releasing me from the hug.

I got confused, and I guess it showed, since Tracy chuckled and gestured to followed her. I waddled like a duck, following behind her. She explained to me that my work hours starts at 9:00 am, except on Mondays, since Yuzuru doesn't train on Mondays. I'll mostly follow the schedule of Yuzuru since he's the one I'll be taking care of.

'Sucks to be me.'

She also said that I can leave when he's done with training, but also make sure that I get paperworks done before its due date. I nodded, understanding that I need to be responsible. We went upstairs, that had windows too that can be use for seeing the skaters. She opened a door and gestured me to go in. I went in and saw an office, it was big but not too big, perfect. I smiled and thanked Tracy.

"It's no biggie, Natsuna. Well let's get you started. Oh my! I forgot to tell you!" She said panicking.

I got confused and tilted my head to the side.

"I forgot to tell you to bring your laptop! Gosh, that was the most important thin-" She stopped as soon as she saw me pulling out my laptop out of my bag.

"Oh, I brought it." I smiled.

"Good girl." She smiled and patted my head, making me giggle.

I opened my laptop and took a seat, as she directed me what I'm going to do, such as paperwork, schedules, documents and et cetera. She also gave me a USB drive that's filled with Yuzuru's schedules and documents, and also his program layouts. She left as soon as she was done explaining, as she had a session with the kids at 10.

I didn't really know what to start with so I just left my office to grab a cup of coffee in the café. I pass by Tracy. I went inside the café and ordered my drink. I ordered a flat white to wake me up so I can start my work. I got my order and went out. I'm back inside the rink seeing Brian already. I greeted him as he greeted back.

"How are you, Natsuna?" He asked.

"I'm fine, coach. How about you?" I smiled.

"I'm good, I'm good. Now that I think about it, I should also grab some coffee. See ya!" He said, rushing out of the rink to the café.

I laughed and went upstairs to my office. I plopped myself down at the seat as I sipped the hot drink, perfect for the cold atmosphere. I started to read Yuzuru's schedule. He has shows around May to June, but I know I won't be able to join since I'm only a part-timer. I sipped my coffee, scrolling through his schedule. I heard a knock on my door and immediately straighten my position. I looked to see who it was and was met by someone unexpected.

"Mina-san?"

—————————————————————————

I was walking down the stairs with Mina by my side. I guess you could say it was more than just awkward. I could feel her glare from the back of my head but when I turn around, she's smiling, innocently. It weirded me out but I just brushed it off, not making a big deal out of it. We reached the rink and Tracy immediately called me.

"Natsuna, come here for a sec." She gestured.

I saw Yuzuru and Brian next to her, as they were talking about things.

'Probably that has to do something with his programs'

Yuzuru met my eyes as I looked away from him, trying to ignore the fact that he was staring at me. I focused my attention to Tracy.

"Natsuna, meet Mina Saikou. She's a skater here together with Yuzuru. Her assistant is on leave for the time being, so you're here to take care of these two." She said, pointing at the two Japanese skaters.

Mina looked at me from head to toe, silently judging me.

"Hi, My name is Saikou Mina. Call me Saikou-san, it's more suitable. Also, don't interfere with anything, okay?" She said smiling innocently as she patted my shoulder and went to the female's locker rooms.

I got confused but shrugged as her problem wasn't mine.

'Besides, how can I not interfere if I'm her assistant?'

I noticed that Yuzuru has glided on the ice with Brian. I went towards to Tracy and sat next to her.

"Where's Mina?" She asked.

"Locker room, coach." I said looking at her.

She nodded and silence fell. It wasn't exactly awkward but at the same time I feel like as if she has something to say to me. After a few moments, she got up and gestured me to stand up.

"Natsuna, if you ever have anything on your mind, I'll be here. Okay?" She reassured me.

Even if I have just met her, this woman in front of me is like my mother already. I nodded, understanding that I can rely on her.

"Coach! I'm ready!" Mina shouted, suddenly butting in.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes, but acted innocently as soon as Tracy looked at her. Tracy patted my head and went towards the ice. Mina gave me a dirty look before gliding.

'What a weird ass girl..."