tsukiyama: driver's license

A/N: In honor of this new beautiful song that I'm obsessed with- driver's license by Olivia Rodrigo- I decided to write a little TsukiYama oneshot... Enjoy.

- - -

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭."

- - -

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭."

- - -

"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞?"

- - -

Tsukishima Kei drove down the road, his mind unable to push away the thoughts of the boy he had loved. He still loved him, that was why he wouldn't leave his head. He'd so foolishly believed when the other boy told him that they'd love each other forever. Maybe that was always true on Tsukishima's end, but on Yamaguchi's, it wasn't.

The trees sped by as blurred figures in the windows of his car. The car that he'd been waiting to drive for months. Ever since Tadashi had gotten his driver's license, Tsukishima had been looking forward to getting his. Tadashi had been excited- or at least it seemed that way. Perhaps he'd been faking it the entire time. Tsukishima didn't want to think that their entire relationship had been fake, but parts of it probably were.

Tsukishima drove alongside the long stretch of forest, the other side of the street being spread out suburban houses. One of them was Yamaguchi's house. As much as Tsukishima wished he could stop thinking about the boy, he couldn't. Driving down this street wasn't helping either, only making the memories stronger.

He knew he hadn't passed Tadashi's house yet. He knew exactly where it was, even though he hadn't been inside it for almost six months. When he neared it, he couldn't help but look. There was another car in the driveway that didn't belong to Tadashi. He was probably with that blonde girl. Yachi. She always made Tsukishima feel insecure because he noticed that whenever Yamaguchi looked at her, he was blushing and happy.

It wasn't a nice feeling.

He wondered if Tadashi ever looked that way when he was with him. Sometimes he'd catch him staring, but he never looked nearly as in love as Tsukishima felt. It hurt more because Tadashi tended to show his emotions clearly and not keep them hidden like Tsukishima did. Whatever Tadashi had felt, hadn't even been close to what Tsukishima felt when they were together.

- - -

"I'm home," Tsukishima Kei announced to whoever was in the house.

His brother, Akiteru, peaked his head out from behind the wall, "Where'd you go?" he asked.

Kei gave his brother a look with no expression, but every expression he was feeling at the same time.

Akiteru seemed to understand, "You can't keep driving over there for no reason. It's not good for you," he said, crossing his arms over his chest.