ukatake: "dating" (part 1)

A/N: In which Karasuno has a big tournament away from home, and they didn't raise enough money to pay for their hotel stay. So, Ukai and Takeda need to pretend they're in a relationship so they can get the couples discount at the hotel.

I'm actually proud of myself for coming up with this one 😗

- - -

"What do you mean we're under the goal?" Ukai asked Takeda, giving him a look of disbelief.

"Uh- well... One student couldn't donate their share of the cost, so we didn't raise enough money to pay the hotel and bus fee," Takeda tried to explain.

Ukai groaned, "So what do we do? Pitch in some money of our own?" he asked.

"Well, we could... But I'd rather not spend extra, since I've already contributed to the payment," Takeda sighed.

"Excuse me?" a soft voice interrupted from outside the teacher's lounge.

The two men looked over at the person who'd spoken. It was Kiyoko Shimizu. A third year student whom also managed the Karasuno volleyball team.

"I'm sorry to overhear." she apologized. "I was coming to see if one of my teachers was here, so I could ask them a question about the homework... But, I have an idea that might help your situation."

Takeda nodded, "Alright, what's your idea?" he questioned, as Ukai rolled his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Well, most hotels have certain discounts," she started. "And usually there's a discount for people who are dating or married, and such-"

"Hold on-" Ukai butted in. "Are you suggesting that Teach and I pretend to be together, so that the hotel will give us a discount?"

Kiyoko nodded, "Yes," she confirmed. "Then, hopefully, with a discount, the payment could be made and no additional money would need to be put in."

Takeda thought for a moment, "That could work," he responded. "Thank you, Shimizu-san."

She nodded, "Of course," she said, then left the room, off to find her teacher again.

"You seriously wanna do that?" Ukai asked the shorter man.

Takeda adjusted his glasses, "There's no harm in doing so," he responded. "We'd have to keep it a secret from most of the kids though. Only the third years should know- they're better at keeping their mouths shut."

Ukai chuckled, "The rest of 'em might accidentally blurt it out, you're right," he agreed. "Alright, so we're in a fake relationship now?"

"Yep," Takeda replied. "Should we be dating? Or married?"

Ukai smirked, "Engaged," he answered. "Spice things up a little bit, you know?"

Takeda laughed softly, "Okay," he agreed.

- - -

The morning of the trip was an early one. The team had be on the bus by 6:45AM, meaning they had to wake up at 5AM, which was way earlier than most of them were used to.

Ukai and Takeda were there before the team, with the bus, as to make sure everyone was there and ready to go.

Tsukishima was the first to arrive, along with a sleepy Yamaguchi. They'd slept over at Yamaguchi's house so they could come together. Ten minutes after them, Sugawara showed up at the same time as Kiyoko did. Then came a very bouncy Hinata, and six minutes later, a yawning Asahi. Yachi then arrived, a sleepy smile on her face, followed by Daichi. Ennoshita was next, apologizing for being late, even though he wasn't. Narita and Kinoshita showed up together, seeming rather awake. Kageyama came fifteen minutes after theat.