iwaoi: paper rings

A/N: I've written so many oneshots... I don't know what to do with my life 🥱... ANYWAYS- Yes, this is a cute lil oneshot inspired by Taylor Swift's song, "Paper Rings."

- - -

"Iwa-chan?" Oikawa called from where he was in the bedroom, searching through the closet.

"What is it now?" he asked, coming to stand in the doorway, crossing his arms and leaning on the doorframe.

Oikawa huffed, "You're not being very nice to me on our anniversary," he complained.

"I'm making dinner right now, what else do you want?" Iwaizumi asked, walking inside the room to plant a kiss on his boyfriend's forehead.

"Iwa-chan is so nice to me," Oikawa sighed into the touch.

Iwaizumi laughed and placed another kiss on Oikawa's nose, before coming back up to rest his face in his hair, "You're making no sense, Tooru, no sense," he mumbled into the soft head of hair.

"Do you know where that photo album is?" Oikawa asked, opening another drawer in search of it.

"The one from when we were kids?" Iwaizumi asked, running his hands up and down his boyfriend's arms.

Oikawa hummed in agreement, "I wanted to see if there was a picture in there of the time I made us matching rings," he told Iwaizumi.

The other man laughed gently, "The ones in elementary school? I kept that ring on for weeks," he said, brushing Oikawa's hair out of his face. "I cried when it ripped in half."

"You forgot to take it off when you went to the pool," he snorted. "Or maybe you thought construction paper would survive in the water."

"You scolded me for breaking it, but made me another one anyway," Iwaizumi kissed his jaw and hummed. "I loved you then and I love you now."

"You loved me even when we were kids?"

"Of course I did," Iwaizumi mumbled, nudging their noses together. "Maybe I didn't know that word yet, but I knew the feeling."

Oikawa's cheeks grew pink, "You're so romantic," he teased, sorting through a basket of books. "I found it!"

He got up and went to sit down on the bed, his boyfriend not far behind.

Opening the book, he smiled.

"Hajime & Tooru" was written on the inside cover, in his mom's handwriting. Below that, in Iwaizumi's mother's handwriting, it read:"For our little boys when they're older :)"

Then, "ToORu" and "HAjimE"

"Aww, look at my amazing writing," Oikawa said, tracing the letters his younger self had written.

They flipped through the book together for a few minutes, laughing when they saw a funny photo or reminding the other of the story behind a certain picture.

"Here it is," Iwaizumi said, when Oikawa flipped to the page with the photo of them and their homemade rings.

The caption below the picture said, "Tooru said he wants to marry Hajime with paper rings. Sooo cute!"

- - -

"𝐈'𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬"

- - -

Oikawa laughed at his mom's comment, "Well here we are," he said. "I'm very dedicated"