tsukkiyama: freckles

Yamaguchi Tadashi and Tsukishima Kei had been friends for years. They might never say it out loud, but they both knew that the other was their best friend. Ever since Tsukishima got those bullies to stop hurting Yamaguchi- the two had been inseparable.

Sure, maybe Tsukishima wasn't totally into the idea of the shorter boy following him around all the time- but he grew used to it and would often panic (though of course he never visibly showed it) when Yamaguchi wasn't in the same place he was.

The boys began to hang out every day- Yamaguchi laughing along at all of Tsukishima's smooth comebacks, and Tsukishima protecting Yamaguchi from any bully who came near him.

The two had a silent agreement of friendship, it just happened to work that way. They both liked each others company a lot, and were always around each other. Wherever Tsukishima Kei was, Yamaguchi Tadashi would most likely be there with him. After a while it became the same way for Yamaguchi too, and Tsukishima would be wherever he was, tagging along.

Their bond was unspoken but it was a friendship, nonetheless.

Today, Tsukishima was at Yamaguchi's house.

"Tsukki, if I were a bird what kind of bird would I be?" Yamaguchi asked, staring at his ceiling.

The two often lied on their beds together, staring up at the sky or ceiling, and talking about anything and everything that came to their minds.

Usually, if this was anybody else, Tsukishima would roll his eyes and tell them that was a stupid question and that he didn't care what kind of bird they'd be if they were a bird. But this wasn't anybody else, it was Yamaguchi- his friend.

So Tsukki thought about it.

What kind of bird would Tadashi be?...

"I think you'd be a duck," he said, tilting his head to see his friend's reaction.

Yamaguchi's eyebrows scrunched together, "A duck? Why?" he asked.

Tsukki snorted, "Because you seem like a duck, I don't know," he said. "You know the duck with the kind of green patch of feathers?"

Yamaguchi nodded.

"Yeah, that one," he said. "Because you have a green tint to your hair."

"Okay. Quack quack," Yamaguchi replied, doing a lazy duck impression.

Tsukishima laughed a little, "What about me? What kind of bird would I be if I were a bird?"

Yamaguchi thought for a moment, "A seagull," he said confidently.

Tsukishima huffed, "Seagulls are annoying."

Yamaguchi giggled, covering his mouth self-consciously,  "Exactly," he teased.

Tsukishima turned to look at Yamaguchi, his eyes widened dramatically, "Pardon me? Rude," he said, rolling his eyes.

Yamaguchi kept giggling, "Oh Tsukki, you know you can be a bit of a seagull sometimes."

Tsukishima snorted, "Maybe. But they're loud and I don't think I go around squawking at everyone all the time," he said.

Yamaguchi shrugged a little, "I guess," he responded.

They lay in silence for a few more moments.

"What kind of bird do you think Kageyama would be?" Yamaguchi asked, looking at Tsukki.

"That's obvious- a crow," he said.

"Oh yeah," Yamaguchi agreed. "then Hinata would be a crow too, right?"