bokuaka: arranged (part 3)

The first night sleeping in the same bed as Keiji was- obviously- difficult for Koutarou.

Not only because he wasn't used to sleeping in this new place, but also because apparently Keiji to liked to hold other people's limbs as he slept.

When they had gotten into the bed and under the covers, they had put a good amount of space between them. But when Koutarou woke up in the middle of the night, Keiji had wrapped his fingers around his arm.

It wasn't uncomfortable- Keiji's grip was loose, and the touch was gentle- but Koutarou was very unsure of what to do. He tried his best to go back to sleep and, eventually, he did. But when he woke up again, about an hour later, Keiji had a few of his fingers loosely bunched up at the bottom of Koutarou's pajama shirt.

Sure, it was cute. But now, once again, Koutarou was mildly panicking and didn't know what to do. So, he stayed in bed, wrapped in the blankets, awake. With his husband's hand lightly gripping his shirt.

- - -

"Koutarou?" a soft voice called to him, from somewhere out in the real world.

He struggled to open his eyes, having finally been getting the sleep he'd lost in the past hours. When his vision adjusted and he was more awake, he saw the beautiful face of Prince Akaashi Keiji looking down at him. Keiji was sitting up beside him, looking at Koutarou's face that was still amongst the pillows.

"Yeah?" he replied, voice a little huskier than usually since he'd just woken up.

Keiji's cheeks pinkened a little, but it was barely noticeable, "Would you like for us to join your family for breakfast?" he asked.

"Oh, it's already breakfast time?" he responded sleepily.

Keiji nodded, "Yes, a maid told me what time meals usually were a few days ago," he said.

"Can we just have breakfast in bed?" Koutarou pouted. "I'm tired."

Because you kept me up for a lot of the night, he thought, but didn't say out loud.

"Is that an option?" the other boy questioned.

Koutarou grinned and nodded, a little too quickly for his half-asleep brain to handle, "Yeah!" he answered. "The cooks are super nice and bring me food sometimes."

Keiji smiled softly, "Alright, what would you like to eat?" he asked.

"Anything, Keiji, anything," he responded. "I like every breakfast food."

The other prince laughed a little, "Okay, me too," he agreed.

"Wait!" Koutarou exclaimed. "Eggs! I don't like any eggs- unless they're scrambled."

"Hmm," Keiji replied. "Scrambled eggs it is, then."

He grinned at his husband, "Thank you. Do you want me to ask for it, or you?" he said.

"I'll do it," Keiji answered, then smiled. "They'll probably be happy to see their prince's new husband."

Koutarou felt his face become warm. That had been one of the first time Keiji had referred to him as his husband. If that was all it took to turn Koutarou to mush, then he was definitely falling for the other boy.

"Probably," Koutarou smiled sheepishly back at him.

- - -

An hour later, they sat side by side in their bed, backs slouched against the headboard. Their stomachs were fed and now Koutarou felt properly awake.