tsukiyama: diary

A/N: In which Tsukishima finds a notebook while he's at Yamaguchi's house, and it turns out to be his diary. Be prepared for a little bit (it could be a lot- I'm not sure) of second-hand embarrassment.

- - -

Tsukishima followed his best friend, Yamaguchi, into his house. They greeted his mother and went upstairs to Yamaguchi's bedroom.

Yamaguchi placed the textbook he'd been carrying, (it had been too big to fit inside his bag), down on his bed.

He sighed, not excited to do his homework, "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be right back," the freckled-boy said, pulling his phone out of his pocket to place it on his desk, and setting his backpack on the floor against it.

Tsukishima nodded. Once his friend had left the room, he took his backpack off and placed it beside Yamaguchi's on the floor. He reached under his glasses to rub his eyes, tired from a long day at school.

At least it's Friday, he thought to himself.

There was still some homework to be done, so he knelt on the floor next to their backpacks and pulled it out. He grabbed a pencil from the cupholder on the desk, making sure it had an eraser on the end. He went over and sat in the middle of Yamaguchi's bed- neither of them bothered to do homework at the desk anymore, the bed was much more comfortable.

Sighing, he opened his textbook and flipped to a new page in his notebook.

Halfway through the second question, Yamaguchi came back. "What subject are you doing?" he asked, hopping on the bed and settling down right beside Tsukishima.

"Math," the blonde responded. "I hate making graphs."

Yamaguchi nodded in agreement, "Takes too much time," he said.

"Yeah."

The other boy opened the textbook he'd placed on the bed- a geography one- and began his own homework.

Yamaguchi finished his before Tsukishima because, well, it was geography. It took less time than math. Especially when the math was making "a graph to display these data" for every damn question. A lot of people would give up making graphs and lie about doing the work at this point. But everybody knew Tsukishima was not a slacker when it came to homework.

"Dinner's soon," Yamaguchi said, stretching as he climbed off the bed. "I'm gonna see if my mom needs any help."

Tsukishima nodded, holding back a yawn, only now realizing how tired he was.

"You gonna be okay without me?" the other boy teased.

"Shut up, Yamaguchi," the blonde rolled his eyes. Yamaguchi snorted at that, and left the room.

Tsukishima sighed, and looked down at his paper.

"Create a graph to display these data."

He groaned, flopping himself so he lay on the bed. "Stupid fucking useless data," he mumbled, very annoyed.

He wanted to see what Yamaguchi had just been working on and if it was easier than this. So, he felt around the bed until his hand found a book. He pulled it out and flipped it open, while his eyes were still focused on his own work.

Dragging the book in front of him, he looked at it and the words inside:

March 29 - Afternoon

Today was kinda hard, honestly... Not in a really bad way, I just wish there was something I could do to be more helpful for the team! I don't want to stand on the side all the time :(