bokuaka: cozy

Bokuto was nervous.

His best friend- well, he hoped that wasn't all they were- was coming over to hang out. He wasn't sure why he was so nervous about that. The entire team of Fukurodani, and even some of his friends from the Nekoma team, were going to be at his house- not just Akaashi. But he was only focused on his friend, of course he was, he always was.

"Koutarou, someone's here!" he heard one of his sisters call from somewhere downstairs.

Immediately, his mind went to Akaashi and the possibility of him being the first one to arrive. But as he clambered down the carpeted staircase of his home, he saw through the window that it wasn't Akaashi that was at the door. He wasn't disappointed- he enjoyed the company of all his friends- but he had been hoping to spend some alone time with Keiji before everyone else got there.

Bokuto opened the door, "Hey, Komi!" he greeted.

The other boy gave him a slanted grin, "Hi- am I the first one here?" he asked, peaking inside the Bokuto household.

Bokuto nodded, "Yeah, you are- wait," he started to say, but then cut off when he noticed two more of his friends walking up the driveway towards them.

"Hm?" Komi questioned and then turned around to see what Bokuto was looking at.

In the near distance halfway up the long driveway were two of Koutarou's good friends, Kenma and Kuroo.

"Bokuto, bro!" Kuroo called in greeting, as he jogged up the rest of the driveway, with his shorter friend, Kenma, walking behind him at a slower pace.

"Yooo," Bokuto greeted back. "Nice to see you again."

"You too, man."

"Aye, Kenma!" Bokuto called to the shorter male who was still heading up the driveway.

Kenma eventually reached the other two, "Hey, Koutarou," he said, using Bokuto's first name.

"Hi," was all he said in return.

Komi poked his head around the front door from where he was inside Bokuto's house, "Oh, hey guys! Haven't seen you since training camp," he commented.

"True, that was a while ago," Kuroo replied. "But how've you been, Komi-komi?"

"Don't make up ridiculous names for me," he told the messy-haired boy.

"Well come on inside, we can't stay standing out here forever," Bokuto chimed in, gesturing to the front door that led to the inside of the house.

The four guys entered the house, Kenma closing the door behind them.

"This house still looks as beautiful as ever," Kuroo noted, then turned to one of the sofas. "Aren't you just the prettiest cushion I've ever seen? Yes you are, yes you are."

"Kuroo," Kenma said. "Don't be weird."

"Come on, Kenma. You getting jealous of all the attention I'm giving this piece of furniture? You're jealous of a sofa now?" he responded, smirking a bit.

"No," was all the shorter boy said in reply, looking down to hide his face with his hair.

Kuroo smirked further, then tilted his head, "Hey, bro, when's Akaashi coming?"

Bokuto's focus turned to his messy black-haired friend, the name of the boy he liked causing him to give Kuroo his immediate attention, "I don't know," he answered.

"Aw, man. I hope he gets here soon," Kuroo responded.

Me too, Bokuto thought to himself.