bokuaka: arranged (part 2)

They were both engaged now. To each other.

Koutarou was kind of baffled, honestly. He never imagined he'd be engaged and set up to be married at the age of eighteen. He was planning on waiting until he was twenty at least, but he supposed it was alright since it was Akaashi.

Now, they were meant to return to their previous lifestyles, but hang out with each other whenever they could. They'd do this until they were wed, then they'd live together. Koutarou was kind of looking forward to living with the other boy. It would be different, but perhaps it could be fun.

Since their engagement, Koutarou and Keiji had met up two other times. Once more in the Kingdom of Fukurodani, and once, for the very first time, in Keiji's kingdom.

It had been nice. Koutarou opened up more to Keiji and the other boy did the same. Of course, they didn't know everything about each other, yet- they hardly even knew half of everything. But they'd gotten closer, and now Koutarou felt comfortable telling him things about his day with excited eyes, as Keiji smiled softly at him and listened to every single word.

There were two weeks until the wedding. It had been two weeks since the engagement. Normally, a month between getting engaged and getting married would be a bit crazy. Only a month would be left to plan for the ceremony and decorations and after party, and all that. But they had been prepared months before. They'd already planned out everything and it was just up to Koutarou and Keiji to get to know each other better in those four weeks in between.

Koutarou had sent Keiji a letter when they were apart for two days too many. It read:

Hey, Akaashi! (Or "Dear, Prince Akaashi Keiji, if you'd like to be so formal.)

I would say I miss you but I haven't known you that long yet... Whatever, I miss you anyways!

Today I spent time with my sisters. They made fun of me for not being romantic with you. Do you think we should be more of a couple? I don't know how this works, but my mother said that she doesn't care if we fall in love or not. She and my father just wanted to bring our kingdoms together. That's all. But she wouldn't mind.

Other than that, I hope you've been well! Maybe you could come visit soon? I know it's only been a week or so, but it's been longer than the gaps in between our previous visits...

From, your fiancé,

Prince Bokuto Koutarou

- - -

"Bokuto-san?" Keiji spoke, as they sat down on a bench together in the back garden of the Fukurodani castle.

Koutarou glanced at him, "Yeah, Akaashi?" he responded, tilting his head in question.

"In that letter you sent... You said that the queen of Fukurodani wouldn't mind if we fell in love?" he said.

"Oh! Yeah," Koutarou confirmed. "This whole thing was just for our kingdoms to join together, you know? But she said it was up to me and my heart to decide whether I'd get romantic feelings for my future husband or not."

Keiji nodded, he seemed to understand, "And do you think that's going to happen?" he asked, curiously.

"Do I think I'm going to fall for you?"

"Yes, do you?"

Koutarou looked up at the sky. It was clear and blue today. The weather was nice and the atmosphere of the moment was peaceful. Part of that was because of the weather and the blue sky, but it was mostly because of Prince Keiji. Koutarou found that he was always feeling very comfortable around him.