kagehina: tension

Hinata was trying to get Kageyama to warm up to him. Sure, Kageyama already trusted Hinata more than he trusted a lot of people, but Hinata wanted him to loosen up around him instead of being all tense.

Kageyama on the other hand, had always been somewhat tense around everyone. He did feel like he was getting closer to Hinata, but as soon as his brain had made a certain realization, he'd become more cautious around him. He'd realized he liked the orange-haired boy more than he originally thought he did. Like, in a more-than-friends way. That's what made him so careful and come off as tense around Hinata.

The two of them were currently sitting next to each other on the Karasuno bus. The team was on their way back from a practice volleyball game that they'd just had with Nekoma.

"Hey, Kageyama?" Hinata said, glancing at the raven-haired boy who sat next to him.

Kageyama looked back at him and scrunched his eyebrows, "What?" he asked.

"Do you... Do you maybe want to come to my house when we get back? Like, to hang out?" the smaller boy suggested, avoiding Kageyama's eyes because he wasn't sure what the other boy would think.

Kageyama's eyes widened the slightest bit out of surprise, a light blush dusting his cheeks, "What? Hang out? At your house...?"

Hinata giggled, "Yes, that's what I said, silly Kageyama."

"Okay, I guess."

Kageyama couldv'e sworn Hinata's eyes shone when he said that.

"Wait, really?" Hinata asked, smiling excitedly at the other boy. "You wanna hang out? For real?"

"That's what I said, silly Hinata," Kageyama replied, mocking the smaller boy's words from before.

Hinata giggled again, "You said silly," he responded, grinning. "I think that's a new word for your vocabulary."

"Shut up, dumbass, or I'll change my mind about hanging out with you."

That shut Hinata up, although only slightly, "I can't wait," he said. "What do you wanna do when you come over? Watch something? Oh, oh! We could play volleyball with my little sister!"

Kageyama found this cute. He didn't show it at all though, other than the tiniest hint of a deepening blush forming on his cheeks. "We'll figure something out when we get there. Don't be weird," he replied.

Hinata hummed enthusiastically, then turned to look out the bus window thaat he was seated next to. Yes, he had fought Kageyama for the window seat. Kageyama didn't really mind where he sat, as long as it was next to orange-haired boy, so he let Hinata have it.

- - -

"Kageyama, this is Natsu," Hinata introduced. "Natsu, this is Kageyama- he's on the volleyball team with me!"

Kageyama didn't smile very often, he thought his smile was ugly and even a bit scary- girls in his middle school had said so. But for Natsu, and her cute curious eyes, he did. She didn't seem to find it scary, which he was glad for.

"Alright, Kageyama- what should we do?" Hinata asked the raven-haired boy, enthusiastically.

"Uh, can we go to your room?" he asked, then realized what that might've sounded like. "I mean- I just want to see it."

Hinata nodded quickly, "Of course! I can't believe Kageyama has interest in something related to me- this is great," he said.

"Idiot, stop talking about me like I'm not here," Kageyama replied tensely, trying to hide the small blush that crept up on his face.