From now on, you're Sky

005

          Being called upon a female is quite embarrassing enough but dressing as one is a whole new level of embarrassment. Well it's not like I'm complaining or anything, I don't have the rights since they're generous enough to take me in but seeing myself like this is... I don't know, I'm speechless.

"Look how wonderful you are, Sky."

          Mom touches my now long metallic white hair as she started to braid it. I have to wear a fake hair to look like Elijah since we decided that I'll be his sister in papers. I don't really understand anything about adoption, I don't even know that it's possible either. Well not until now. I'm starting to develop a liking in twirling my new hair that I didn't notice my Mom eying me. My pale blue dress swishing softly as the cold air makes its way through my open window. It kinda reminds me of wearing dresses for my father. The thought of wearing a dress doesn't bother me at all, well it does knowing what will happened next, it's disgusting  since father usually dresses me up occasionally and it's sickening but wearing a dress in front of anybody else is quite bothersome and uncomfortable since it's them. I look at Mom, she looks so happy and somehow seeing her smiling like that makes my heart flutter. Unlike the one who shed tears beside me a few hours ago.

~

"Azure, I'll ask you again." She said in a more determined tone. "Are you willing to be my daughter?"

         It's seems like the air became stagnant and for a minute the room is transfixed in a heavy atmosphere. Did I heard her wrong? Was she saying daughter? Instead of son? Wait why am I being handed like a lost child in the first place? I have a father even though I don't really have the slightest idea of what's going on, isn't this too much? Wait what's happening? I'm so confused.

"P-Pardon?"

"It's not like I wanted to force you." The woman said leaning against the table while looking at me straight in the eyes. "You see? You don't have a lot of choice either. I'm giving you the best course of action possible at this point."

"I-I... I don't understand."

"I expected as much."

          She looks around the dining table before returning her gentle gaze into me. Seeing as no one's moving, I guess they don't have any idea as to what is going on either. I'm clueless about everything but this woman might know what's happening to me.

"Boys, will you excuse us for a second." She then started to make her way outside where Qen and the others entered a few minutes ago. "Azure, follow me."

          We passed through hallways to hallways before we entered a room that looks like fathers quarter in my old house. I discovered that we are at the very top of a building, not as tall as what I'm used to but I can clearly see the sky up here. The woman sits at the couch while I'm busy reminiscing my old house. It's like the same balcony I once had but what I'm seeing is totally different. I always wonder if I'll fall if I even steps into it, but now I'm actually standing somewhere, nowhere near that cage.

"I know who you are, Azure Laviste or should I say Azure Mikhail?" I almost snap my neck when she said that name. She knows the Lavistes, but does that mean I'm  Azure Mikhail? I guessed as much but how does she knows that?

"Mikhail?"

"I guess you wouldn't know. Well I don't care about any formalities but with regards to your current situation," She held her had in front of me while sporting the most beautiful smile I ever seen.