I want it!

013
§

"I would love it!!"

"But Mom?! Luciano is out for everyone's head right now! We don't even know if William's still... still..."

Lantice looked down, as if it would actually hide the worries and anxiety he had for a second.

I feel so selfish, I was happy that I could finally go out, live a normal life, go to school with everyone and... and have friends. I was so happy that I forgot where I came from and why I got this freedom... William.

"Do you know the feeling of being in cage?"

Canary out of the blue spoke for the first time this morning. When breakfast came Canary didn't say anything, he just stood there beside me blankly looking at the shocked and angry looks the boys and Mom gave us. I had to do the same, I pretend that I didn't see the looks they're giving until this topic comes up.

"Azure... Sky never knew anything about the world. I don't know if you'd already noticed but he was fucking clueless about many things." Canary chewed the meat he was eating and fed me with the broccoli he didn't like.

"Canary..." I grimaced at the aftertaste.

"He was caged since he was young. We, unlike Luciano knows how it feels to be ripped off of innocence and freedom... I won't do the same thing he did to Sky." He looked towards Lantice who was still looking down. "I believe Mom had her own plans before actually permitting Sky to go out."

"We know that but we also know Luciano."

"Sky... Is living a new life like us. Like us he also wanted to experience things. You all knew it more than I do, this is better than not having any chance to live at all."

It was quiet. Everyone is looking at either the food or Canary or me. I didn't expect Canary to actually take my side and permit me to go out. I admit that I'm not ready at all. I don't even know a thing about the outside or what will happen once I started talking to others aside my new family. I don't know what to think or what to do but still... I still... I want to do it. I'm scared but I want to face it head on now. Unlike my past self, I want to know how to survive on my own without relaying to anyone.

"William for sure wanted the same thing." Linx smiled then pat Lantice's shoulder as if comforting the oldest child in this house.

"I-I want... to go outside." I said quivering slightly, afraid that they'll hate it.

But the anger and shouting I expected didn't came, instead what I get from Mom was a warm smile.

"Okay, Sweetheart. I'll arrange everything and once you're ready you can attend the same school as Canary and the others."

I smiled at Mom and hugged her. Mom then excused herself and we prepared to do what we have to do today but they all gather towards us. I can't seem to hide my happiness and wanted to laugh out loud. I looked around and they're all smiling too, why? I thought...

"It's unfair if you're that happy about it little Sky~ we can't even argue now." Vaughn laugh and pat my head.

My smile grew wider and I run towards Canary and hugged him. I'm so happy, I'll be classmate with him too. I'm so excited.

"What's with the smirk, Canary?" Dustin pulled Canary away from me and Elijah pulled me towards him.

"Sky, it's not a good thing letting blood sucking sneaky bastard latch unto you." Elijah said hugging me from behind.

"Did you think we'll forget that you broke the rules? It's a wonder how you're so happy marking our Sky with those hickeys." Dustin jokingly punched Canary while touching my neck.